Re: Admin info

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 30, 2005
      On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

      > At 07:46 PM Thursday 6/30/2005, Julia Thompson wrote:

      > > > Based on what? Frex, I have copies of three supposedly "official"
      > > > documents (marriage certificate, WWI military records, census record)
      > > > each of which gives a different YOB (while agreeing on the month and
      > > > day) for my father's father . . .
      > > >

      > > > Complex Roots Maru
      > >
      > >Well, I've seen the birth certificate of the person in question. :)
      >

      > AFAIK there was no contemporarily-issued birth certificate for my
      > grandfather . . . of course, he was born on a rural farm before the
      > beginning of the 20th century . . .

      Let's just say that if the genealogy file given to me were put up on
      Rootsweb, about 80% of the people in it would have no info besides last
      name viewable by anyone besides the owner of it....

      (Rootsweb hides data aside from last name for anyone assumed to be living,
      i.e. anyone under 70 without a date of death in the database....)