Originality and Romanticism (was: See Kingdom of Heaven)

  • Max Battcher
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2005
      Kevin Street wrote:
      > Imo, we're living in a period
      > where startling originality is shown alongside derivative pablum like
      > "Triple X: State of The Union." But then, maybe it's always been that way.

      That's the way it always has been. We just tend to forget the dreck
      that once surrounded the original stuff over time. As far as pure
      numbers of films, much more original stuff is being produced now than
      ever before (particularly with the amatuer revolutions and independent
      studios).

      It's romantic nonsense to believe that we are in anything but the
      biggest (and strongest growing) artistic Golden Era across all of our
      arts. More artistic power is in more hands (and minds) than ever before.

      --
      --Max Battcher--
      http://www.worldmaker.net/