RE: Star Wars Episode 0

  • Kevin Street
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: brin-l-bounces@... [mailto:brin-l-bounces@...] On
      Behalf Of Travis Edmunds
      Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 12:46 PM
      > > Kevin Street wrote:
      > >
      > > Heh. :-) Yes, Star Wars is science fantasy or whatever. But it's close
      > > enough to be entertaining.
      >
      > Travis Edmunds wrote:
      >
      > The implication here is that Science Fiction is intrinsically
      > entertaining. Something I don't quite agree with seeing as how I've seen
      > and read a few doozies. But that goes for _any_ genre I suppose. Besides,
      > an individual's tastes in individual books and films is more of a deciding

      > factor in the respective entertainment factor as opposed to one's
      > predilections towards any one genre as a whole, I would think.
      >
      > I would also think that that's what you meant anyway...
      >
      > ...right?

      I guess so. Honestly, I never thought the comment out that far, and didn't
      mean to say that other genres are less entertaining. But yeah, I suppose I
      meant that it's closer to science fiction than something like "Lord of The
      Rings," and is thus more interesting to me. The Force stuff can get a little
      irritating at times, but then they throw a spaceship on the screen and it's
      all good again.

      Going to see Episode III tomorrow! :-)