Re: Permission Slips Re: blah, blah, blah . . .

    Message 1 of 137 , Apr 30, 2005
      At 10:31 AM Friday 4/29/2005, Warren Ockrassa wrote:
      >On Apr 29, 2005, at 5:07 AM, Erik Reuter wrote:
      >
      >>* Nick Arnett (narnett@...) wrote:
      >>
      >>>True, indeed. It *was* nonsensical to use that metaphor in that
      >>>context, since it was about an issue that called for serious
      >>>consideration. I don't know wny you can't seem to see that.
      >>
      >>Well, religion-addled brains are good for one thing, anyway. This is
      >>more hilarious than the 3 Stooges!
      >
      >Out of curiosity, why is it that Erik and a few others are able to get
      >away with incessant windbaggery and insulting behavior?

      "Cuz others find _that_ as funny as the Three Stooges? :D

      Message 137 of 137 , May 12, 2005
        Doug Pensinger wrote:
        > On Thu, 12 May 2005 21:06:39 -0500, Julia Thompson <julia@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
        >>
        >>> You'll See Green Alligators And Long-Necked Geese Maru
        >>

        >> Humpy back camels and some chimpanzees....
        >>
        >> Julia
        >>
        >> Ask Me About Thanksgiving '75 Maru
        >

        > What about Thanksgiving '75?

        A fond memory of hearing that song.

        It might have been the first time I heard the song. My grandfather put
        the record on for me in the basement and then went back upstairs to the
        kitchen where he had more work to do on Thanksgiving dinner. I was
        already all dressed up for dinner, in a dress, and dancing around to the
        music.

        Funny what sticks in your mind from childhood....

        (Of course, in high school, I got a cassette tape with it, and played
        that a lot. Not as much as I played, say, Beethoven's 6th Symphony, but
        still fairly frequently.)