Re: Tits (a womans perspective)

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
      Brings to mind the Rammstein song 'Amerika' which has a great pun on
      Wonderbra/wunderbar.

      --
      William T Goodall
      Mail : wtg@...

      tried it.
      -- Donald E. Knuth

    • Gary Denton
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 4, 2005
        On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 19:01:35 +0000, William T Goodall
        <wtg@...> wrote:
        > Brings to mind the Rammstein song 'Amerika' which has a great pun on
        > Wonderbra/wunderbar.

        "Women have become so fixated on not withering, they've forgotten that
        there are infinite ways to be beautiful."

        NYT - M Dowd
        http://tinyurl.com/4tykt

        G Denton
      • Deborah Harrell
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 17, 2005
          > Gary Denton <garydenton@...> wrote:

          > I hate fake boobs. Some members on the female side
          > of my family have
          > also had breat reduction surgery and they are
          > happier and I think look better.

          Since no woman has perspected (at least a few pages
          ahead - I haven't looked at all mail inbetween; Julia
          has quite a bit on her plate, what with the little
          tykes sick and all):

          When I was a teenager, yeah I felt underendowed - of
          course, as a teen, you feel pretty inadequate in many
          areas of your so-called life. ;) But by college
          graduation, my self-confidence didn't depend on having
          C's. (In fact, later when I was overweight, C's were
          a *definite* hindrance, both to fit-of-clothing and
          horsebackriding.)

          I've had one friend who could hardly wait to get
          reduction surgery (she was a DD and only 4'10"), after
          she had her children, and another whose medical
          condition granted her less-than-training-bra size, and
          she eventually had implants (B). I think both their
          surgeries were justifiable.

          But I think it's *appalling* that teenagers are given
          breast implants as 'graduation presents' -- and SHAME
          on those doctors!!! _Any_ surgery involving general
          anesthesia carries a small but definite risk of death.
          How pathetic to risk one's life to be
          "well-endowed"...

          Debbi
          Quite Content As I Am - At Least In That Department
          Maru ;)

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 17, 2005
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 17, 2005
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 17, 2005
                Deborah Harrell wrote:
                >>Gary Denton <garydenton@...> wrote:
                >

                >>I hate fake boobs. Some members on the female side
                >>of my family have
                >>also had breat reduction surgery and they are
                >>happier and I think look better.
                >

                > Since no woman has perspected (at least a few pages
                > ahead - I haven't looked at all mail inbetween; Julia
                > has quite a bit on her plate, what with the little
                > tykes sick and all):

                I hadn't chimed in yet.

                I was a B cup by the end of high school, and that was more than I really
                liked, actually. But I wasn't concerned about my looks as much as
                utility, and having this extra stuff on my chest was inconvenient at times.

                I was a large B in my mid-to-late 20s. I started working out on a
                Bowflex sometime in 1999 or so, and ended up as a definite C before I
                got pregnant. At this point, the muscles were keeping things up and I
                was used to them, so this was OK. (And I'd figured out how to package
                them for best effect by this time, as well....)

                Then I got pregnant. By the time I gave birth for the first time, I was
                a DD. Then I was nursing, and I haven't had them measured for cup size
                or anything lately, but in the Bravado nursing bras, I was a S++ until I
                was close to weaning Sam. Then I got pregnant again, and went through
                the whole DD sports bra thing again - but I had to get a couple of
                bigger bras, even, because the previous band size just wasn't quite
                cutting it. (My rib cage expanded a bit, and I'd been at the loosest
                option on some of those bras.) Nursing twins for awhile, the S++
                nursing bras were a little tight at times, but they're down to nursing
                just once a day now, so things are a little droopy in those bras. And I
                need to hit the Bowflex regularly again -- that may help. (I have
                developed certain upper-body muscles from all the child-lifting I do,
                but the ones that help my breasts aren't in the most targeted group.)

                I need all new bras now, but I don't want to do much of anything along
                those lines until I have the twins weaned. And I think that's going to
                be another month or two. And the timing of the daily feeding isn't
                conducive to easily cutting it out. Slowly moving it to another time is
                going to be difficult, as well, but that's what it may take.

                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 17, 2005
                  Dan Minette wrote:
> [...]

                  I think that may be along the lines of the exceptions Debbi approved of.
                  That's the first case of implant surgery at the time of graduation
                  that I've heard of that I wouldn't object to if it were my own daughter.

                  I knew a young woman in college who was reasonably intelligent but
                  carried herself in a sluttier manner than most of the young women I
                  spent time with. (She wasn't a bad person to go shopping with, though,
                  if you were trying to figure out how to most effectively display
                  assets.) A couple of years after I met her, I found out that she'd
                  gotten implants as a graduation present, and if I'd heard of the
                  practice before then, it wouldn't have surprised me. (Since that was
                  the first case of it I'd heard of, I was appalled, but if I'd known how
                  widespread it was, it would have been one of those things that made
                  sense, knowing her.)

                  And I've had conversations with various women about their boobies, most
                  were not happy with them when they graduated from high school, but they
                  felt a lot better about them by the time they were 25. I think that
                  it's a good idea to put off any sort of body-altering surgery until at
                  least a few years after high school, if it's purely for cosmetic reasons.

                • kerri miller
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 17, 2005
                    > But I think it's *appalling* that teenagers are given
                    > breast implants as 'graduation presents' -- and SHAME
                    > on those doctors!!! _Any_ surgery involving general
                    > anesthesia carries a small but definite risk of death.
                    > How pathetic to risk one's life to be
                    > "well-endowed"...

                    I'd have to agree, having just gt back from a trip to Las Vegas/Los Angeles
                    a few weeks ago, surrounded by silicone-sculpted bodies everywhere we went!

                    Still, its something I may undertake at some point in the future.. and
                    besides, who am I to judge the internal conflicts between someones
                    self-perception and their external realities?

                    -k-

                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 18, 2005
                      At 01:53 AM Friday 3/18/2005, kerri miller wrote:

                      > > But I think it's *appalling* that teenagers are given
                      > > breast implants as 'graduation presents' -- and SHAME
                      > > on those doctors!!! _Any_ surgery involving general
                      > > anesthesia carries a small but definite risk of death.
                      > > How pathetic to risk one's life to be
                      > > "well-endowed"...
                      >
                      >I'd have to agree, having just gt back from a trip to Las Vegas/Los Angeles
                      >a few weeks ago, surrounded by silicone-sculpted bodies everywhere we went!

                      Perhaps someone ought to do a poll of the male population to find out
                      whether more actually prefer the "silicone-sculpted" D-cup look or the
                      natural (B-cup?) look?

                      I'll vote "natural."

                      --Ronn! :)

                    • Travis Edmunds
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 20, 2005
                        >From: Warren Ockrassa <warren@...>
                        >To: Killer Bs Discussion <brin-l@...>
                        >Subject: Re: Tits (a womans perspective)
                        >Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:52:28 -0700
                        >
                        >On Feb 27, 2005, at 10:40 AM, Robert G. Seeberger wrote:
                        >
                        >>Thanks For The Mammeries Maru
                        >
                        >Cute. Personally I've never been that motivated by overendowment. I always
                        >imagine what it'll be like in the fourth or fifth decade, after gravity's
                        >had its way.
                        >
                        >My ideal has always been something just large enough to fill a palm --
                        >about half a grapefruit. More than that seems, to me, too much. Less isn't
                        >a problem, though, which is interesting. (I mean I'm not sure why, but I
                        >don't fall into the "more is better" category here.)
                        >
                        >Now as far as the male side of things goes -- size definitely does matter.

                        Male boobies?

                        -Travis