Cat-astrophe (was: E-mail program questions)

  • Deborah Harrell
    Message 1 of 101 , Feb 1, 2005
      > Ronn!Blankenship <ronn.blankenship@...> wrote:
      > > Robert Seeberger wrote:

      > >What little slack I've had this afternoon is being
      > interrupted by a
      > >pain-in-the-ass cat who likes to tear things up. In
      > the middle of
      > >posting this he tore into a roll of toilet paper,
      > spreading it all
      > >over the bathroom. We've tried keeping paper
      > products out of reach,
      > >but this cat can climb and otherwise get into
      > almost anything.
      > >I dislike the idea of having him de-clawed.

      > _Your_ cat can climb?! Indoors, mine likes to jump
      > onto the top of doors. Outdoors, he heads for the
      roof.

      Have you tried Feliway? It is a facial pheromone
      analogue, to be sprayed on whatever you want your cats
      to stay off, and while expensive (~$32 for a small
      bottle!!!), it _does_ work to a large degree. My new
      cats were giving my oriental carpet grief, but
      scratching was reduced to almost nil after spritzing.
      It is also a calmative, and can be used to reduce
      aggression or stress behaviors.

      For behaviors/places it isn't workable, I use "The
      Enforcer"....a squirt gun filled with water and a tiny
      bit (teaspoon) of white vinegar. Now, just stating in
      That Voice "Enfoooorcer..." sends young Bashir
      bouncing away from whatever he was doing. ;-)

      Debbi
      Too Bad I Don't Have Stock In The Company Maru :-)

      Message 101 of 101 , Feb 22, 2005
        We had "Bugs," named not for software, as some might guess, but because he ate them and he bugged
        people a lot. He's the one who disappeared, then I found that he was living nearby. He's also been
        called "that feral cat" and "mad cat" by Dave Land's family.

        I was just thinking that a title of a book about him might be, "The Hiss Just Keeps on Coming."