Always read your EULA . . .

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
      Were you aware that it is a violation of the license to use WordPerfect 12
      to develop nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons of mass destruction?

    • Maru Dubshinki
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
        Oops.
        You don't happen to know if they installed some spyware along with it
        to enforce the Eula, do you?

        ~Maru
        Off to wipe his computer of all incriminati- err, for maintenance purposes.

        On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:18:17 -0600, Ronn!Blankenship

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
          At Monday 05:03 PM 1/3/2005, Maru Dubshinki wrote:
          >Oops.
          >You don't happen to know if they installed some spyware along with it
          >to enforce the Eula, do you?
          >
          >~Maru
          >Off to wipe his computer of all incriminati- err, for maintenance purposes.

          I haven't found any yet, but as you may have guessed from this and some of
          my other recent messages, I just got this brand-new box up and working
          rather late last night, so I haven't explored all the stuff which came
          pre-installed. Heck, I only found WP12 by accident, which saves me the
          trouble of installing MS Office (or WP8, which I have the discs for because
          I had it on the old box also — it was awhile before the office at school
          changed over from WP to Word) before I can start writing my Christmas
          thank-you letters, which kinda got delayed when the last box died and he
          crud hit . . .

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
            Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
            > Were you aware that it is a violation of the license to use WordPerfect
            > 12 to develop nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons of mass destruction?

            If it's like many others, you probably should't use it for air traffic
            control, either.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
              At Monday 09:23 PM 1/3/2005, Nick Arnett wrote:
              >Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
              >>Were you aware that it is a violation of the license to use WordPerfect
              >>12 to develop nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons of mass destruction?
              >
              >If it's like many others, you probably should't use it for air traffic
              >control, either.

              Hmm. That is a dilemma. Which software do I have enough confidence in to
              trust my life and those of others I care about to: the second-place (?)
              office suite, which I hope I will find to work better now than version 8
              which I had before, or that written for the Federal government by the
              lowest bidder?

              Greyhound Is Looking Good Maru

            • Warren Ockrassa
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
                On Jan 3, 2005, at 3:18 PM, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

                > Were you aware that it is a violation of the license to use
                > WordPerfect 12 to develop nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons of
                > mass destruction?

                Oh, I deleted my copy ages ago.

                --
                Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
                http://books.nightwares.com/