Re: No Spoilers: Talking about THE INCREDIBLES?

  • Steve Sloan
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2005

      Alberto Monteiro wrote:

      > Couldn't _Shrek_ count as the homolog of _Monsters, Inc._ ?

      I hadn't thought about it, but it's possible. I don't think MI
      and Shrek are as similar to each other as the examples I gave,
      but they do have things in common. Both present a story from
      the sympathetic monster's viewpoint, and both feature a big
      guy and his perky little sidekick. I probably didn't think of
      Shrek as an example because, unlike the other Dreamworks movies
      I listed, I really like Shrek. I don't *want* it to be just
      another possible ripoff of a Pixar movie -- even if all that
      means is that they heard about Monsters, Inc., then chose to
      adapt Shrek from the original book because it was kinda similar.
      Steve Sloan ......... Huntsville, Alabama =========> steve@...
      Brin-L list pages .............................. http://www.brin-l.org
      Science Fiction-themed online store ..... http://www.sloan3d.com/store
      Chmeee's 3D Objects .................... http://www.sloan3d.com/chmeee
      3D and Drawing Galleries .................. http://www.sloansteady.com
      Software ................ Science Fiction, Science, and Computer Links
      Science fiction scans ......................... http://www.sloan3d.com
    • Warren Ockrassa
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 3, 2005
        On Jan 1, 2005, at 5:17 PM, Steve Sloan wrote:

        > I probably didn't think of
        > Shrek as an example because, unlike the other Dreamworks movies
        > I listed, I really like Shrek.

        Well, possibly because it's about the only Dreamworks hack that didn't
        suck. It was legitimately entertaining. It was clever, it presented a
        common idea from a new perspective, and it had some genuinely emotional
        moments as well.

        Shrek II, on the other hand, was a stanky a dog turd as any what was
        ever squeezed from the sphincter of a manged mutt.

        --
        Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
        http://books.nightwares.com/

      • Deborah Harrell
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 7, 2005
          This should have gone out last time...

          > Warren Ockrassa <warren@...> wrote:
          > Deborah Harrell wrote:

          <snip>
          > > Saw it this week - loved it!...
          > > And where can I get such a versatile,
          > >well-tailored suit?! ;}

          > From E, dahling, vhere else?

          Vhen can ve dhoo lunch...? ;)
          What a hoot this character is!

          Debbi
          who got to put on a fake British accent twice last
          week, for costumed horse rides (Darby's contribution
          to the 'show' was flying lead changes every stride for
          a while - oh, he was strutting his stuff!) :D