White Christmas

  • Robert G. Seeberger
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2004
      It snows here in Houston every 10 years or so, but this is the first
      time in living memory that it has snowed on Christmas/Christmas Eve.

      We have about an inch....inch and a half......at least everywhere that
      is not paved, and even some of that is starting to get frosted.

      People here are flipping out and playing in the snow at midnight.

      xponent
      I Imagine Many Of You Find That Funny Maru

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 24, 2004
        Robert wrote:

        > It snows here in Houston every 10 years or so, but this is the first
        > time in living memory that it has snowed on Christmas/Christmas Eve.
        >
        > We have about an inch....inch and a half......at least everywhere that
        > is not paved, and even some of that is starting to get frosted.
        >
        > People here are flipping out and playing in the snow at midnight.

        Not me. The last time it snowed here was in the '70, AFAIK. And people
        did flip out. You're very lucky to get it on the holiday. Not only does
        it add a nice touch, but there are probably alot fewer people driving.

        Happy holidays all!!!

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 24, 2004
          In a message dated 12/24/2004 11:00:39 P.M. US Mountain Standard Tim,
          rceeberger@... writes:

          People here are flipping out and playing in the snow at midnight.

          xponent
          I Imagine Many Of You Find That Funny Maru

          Happened in Tucson in 1975. Greek history professor rescheduled the final
          exam.

          Vilyehm
        • Damon Agretto
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 25, 2004
            >Happened in Tucson in 1975. Greek history professor rescheduled the final
            >exam.

            HAH! Out at Penn State one year we got 2 feet of snow and the school STILL
            didn't shut down!

            Damon.

            Damon Agretto
            dcaa@...
            "Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
            http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
            Now Building: Revell of Germany's M60A3
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 25, 2004
              In a message dated 12/25/2004 11:22:15 A.M. US Mountain Standard Tim,
              dcaa@... writes:

              HAH! Out at Penn State one year we got 2 feet of snow and the school STILL
              didn't shut down!

              Damon.

              Well, it's obvious.

              The Penn is mightier than the saguaro.

              And the school didn't shut down. Only the understanding professors did.

              Vilyehn.
            • Travis Edmunds
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2005
                >From: "Robert G. Seeberger" <rceeberger@...>
                >To: <brin-l@...>
                >Subject: White Christmas
                >Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 00:00:12 -0600
                >
                >It snows here in Houston every 10 years or so, but this is the first
                >time in living memory that it has snowed on Christmas/Christmas Eve.
                >
                >We have about an inch....inch and a half......at least everywhere that
                >is not paved, and even some of that is starting to get frosted.
                >
                >People here are flipping out and playing in the snow at midnight.
                >
                >xponent
                >I Imagine Many Of You Find That Funny Maru
                >rob

                Did you know that it never snows here on the Rock?

                -Travis "not Alcatraz" Edmunds