Re: Where to now?

    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 24, 2012
      On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM, John Williams <jwilliams4200@...> wrote:
      On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Kevin O'Brien <zwilnik@...> wrote:

      > OK, I'm not at all clear on how you got "top-down" management out of what I
      > said.

      I'm getting tired of correcting all this nonsense,

      I strongly believe that the attitude that fragment reflects - that what another person says is nonsense and you are correcting them - drives people away from any community in the long run if it persists and dominates. A few will engage with you for the same unfortunate reason (to try to "correct" you), but then it just becomes a matter of who can be a bigger bully.

      Do whatever you want with my opinion, but I, for one, will be quite grateful if you choose to present your words as though they were just your thoughts and opinions and to treat others with much greater respect.

      Nick
    • John Williams
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 24, 2012
        On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Kevin O'Brien <zwilnik@...> wrote:
        > I also note in passing that a study done a few years ago
        > about charitable giving found that economists were the stingiest group in
        > the study, which I found not at all surprising.

        Would you be referring to the study published by Bauman and Rose in 2011?

        http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167268111000746