RE: Where to now?

    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 24, 2012
      >How about Hayek?

      Half of the article that I'm giving a link to talks about him. It is written
      by another Nobel prize winner, and gives a very interesting account how his
      professional and popular works differ. I like the comparison of him to Marx,
      it makes a lot of sense to me...partially because Marx was both way off the
      mark on predicting the future as well as someone who made major
      contributions to econ and basically was the first sociologist.

      http://www.tnr.com/article/books-and-arts/magazine/110196/hayek-friedman-and
      -the-illusions-conservative-economics

    • John Williams
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 24, 2012
        On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Kevin O'Brien <zwilnik@...> wrote:
        > I also note in passing that a study done a few years ago
        > about charitable giving found that economists were the stingiest group in
        > the study, which I found not at all surprising.

        Would you be referring to the study published by Bauman and Rose in 2011?

        http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167268111000746