Re: Where to now?

  • John Williams
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 21, 2012
      On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Klaus Stock <ks@...> wrote:
      >>> So at this point I can only conclude that the Republicans are congenital
      >>> liars.
      >
      >> You are wearing selective blinders. All politicians are liars.
      >
      > But not all are congenital.

      Ha!

      > Luckily, most voters do not care if the lies are plausible or at least
      > delivered convincingly.

      I'm would not say it is lucky, but in my observation the most
      effective lies are the ones where the politicians tell people exactly
      what they want to hear. Plausibility is not so important.

    • John Williams
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 24, 2012
        On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Kevin O'Brien <zwilnik@...> wrote:
        > I also note in passing that a study done a few years ago
        > about charitable giving found that economists were the stingiest group in
        > the study, which I found not at all surprising.

        Would you be referring to the study published by Bauman and Rose in 2011?

        http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167268111000746