VentureBeat article

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
      I don't write for publication often these days, but when VentureBeat calls, it's hard to say no... ;-)

      And Gautam, if you're still around, I was wishing I'd read your new book on leadership before I wrote this because I suspect I'd have referenced it.

      GUEST POST

      Consensus is boring! Washington still won’t pay big bucks for predictions.

      Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/08/big-data-election-silver/#MLkBZOVdfrBIy60w.99
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
        I forwarded this to Gautam. Tom Friedman reviewed Gautam's book in his
        Wednesday after the election column, when he had to meet his first deadline.
        But Gautam was personally unfortunate that he, I was right about how quickly
        Obama's victory was sealed, and by how much (I had him winning only Ohio,
        Nevada, and Iowa among the true swing states), so Tom was asked to write a
        column about the victory for later editons. The origional column is at:

        http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/07/opinion/friedman-filtered-or-unfiltered.ht
        ml?_r=0

        While it would have been better to have been in all the editons, it's still
        pretty good to have your book reviewed by a major columnist who won the
        Pulitzer Prize. His book got some nice reviews from others too:

        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1422186709/ref=cm_cr_dpvoterdr

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
            >Thanks, Dan. I saw Friedman's column when it came out - very impressive.
            We'll be hearing a lot
            >from Gautam's work, I expect.

            I hope so. Your column was also impressive.

          • Warren Adams-Ockrassa
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
              Just jumping in to puckishly point out all the quasi-homoerotic awe at so many impressive columns.

              • Warren • off console • w azkrmc.com • h nightwares.com •

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
                Just stop staring at my column.  I'm a married man.

                Nick

                On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Warren Adams-Ockrassa <warren@...> wrote:
                Just jumping in to puckishly point out all the quasi-homoerotic awe at so many impressive columns.

                • Warren • off console • w azkrmc.com • h nightwares.com

                On Nov 8, 2012, at 15:13, "Dan Minette" <danminette@...> wrote:

                >> Thanks, Dan. I saw Friedman's column when it came out - very impressive.
                > We'll be hearing a lot
                >> from Gautam's work, I expect.
                >
                > I hope so.  Your column was also impressive.
                >
                > Dan M.

              • Warren Adams-Ockrassa
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
                  On Nov 8, 2012, at 17:06, Nick Arnett <nick.arnett@...> wrote:

                  > Just stop staring at my column. I'm a married man.

                  Oh, I'm sure you are...!

                  • Warren • off console • w azkrmc.com • h nightwares.com •
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
                    My column may not get as much attention as Nick's, but it holds up.

                    Dave