Brin: Existence has arrived...

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2012
      It's a shiny "3D hologram" trade paperback. Very excited!

      Um. That's all.

      Charlie.

    • David Hobby
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 22, 2012
        On 8/22/2012 10:08 AM, Charlie Bell wrote:
        > It's a shiny "3D hologram" trade paperback. Very excited!
        >
        > Um. That's all.

        It's interesting how books get published differently in different
        countries.
        I got the hardcover, which has a shiny dust jacket.

        I liked the book, although I do have some questions...

        ---David

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 22, 2012

          David wrote:
          It's interesting how books get published differently in different
          countries.
          I got the hardcover, which has a shiny dust jacket.
          I liked the book, although I do have some questions...
          ************

          This seems to cry out for a comment like "I think the
          electrons making my ebook cover *may be shiny*".
          Good thing I am not young enough to have
          "accessory" envy.

          Dee :-)

        • David Brin
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 22, 2012
            Heh! Both covers are great though the lensatic one is so cool.

            I assume you've all seen the even-cooler preview trailer
            tinyurl.com/exist-trailer

            Thrive all

            David wrote:
            It's interesting how books get published differently in different
            countries.
            I got the hardcover, which has a shiny dust jacket.
            I liked the book, although I do have some questions...
            ************

            This seems to cry out for a comment like "I think the
            electrons making my ebook cover *may be shiny*".
            Good thing I am not young enough to have
            "accessory" envy.

            Dee :-)

          • Warren Adams-Ockrassa
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 22, 2012
              On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:33:33 -0700 (PDT), David Brin
              <dbrin@...> wrote:

              > Heh! Both covers are great though the lensatic one is so cool.

              Doesn't work as well on Kindle though.

              --
              Warren Adams-Ockrassa | nightwares.com

            • John Garcia
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 22, 2012
                i borrowed the hardcover from the NYPL (sorry Dr. B, but the budget is tight this year and i was not willing to wait for the paperback, although i will buy that when it is available) and that cover is pretty cool. the trailer was great.
                i will have to read it again but i have to digest it a bit. all in all, a great many ideas to ponder upon. good work!