Re: Gaming Computer

  • John Horn
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30 2:44 PM
      As it turns out, that's exactly what I did.  Before I saw your email, surprisingly enough.  I had forgotten that my company has a discount with Dell because they do some of our support.  And I found a good deal on an XPS system and bought it.

      I'm glad that you hadn't said "Dell sux!"

       - jmh

      On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Max Battcher <max.battcher@...> wrote:
      On 10/25/2010 2:25 PM, Anarien@... wrote:
      My computer seems to be dying. Anybody got any
      recommendations/suggestions for companies/websites/etc. that I should
      take a look at before buying a new one. I don't think I want to pay the
      Alienware markup. I've also looked at OriginPC.com but that's also a bit
      pricey.

      I've heard good things about Dell's Dell-branded power/gaming line: Dell XPS, I believe it is called. Because Dell also owns Alienware, there is some interesting back and forth between configuring the different systems, but ultimately, from what I understand, the XPS is a good call if you want to avoid "the Alienware tax" (which does have a few advantages, including being just a luxury "BMW" brand).

      --
      --Max Battcher--
      http://worldmaker.net