Re: The worst

  • anarien@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 4, 2010
      I am so sorry, Nick. You and your family will be in our thoughts.

      - jmh

      My friends.... I hate to write this.  Been putting it off for a while.

      My younger sister, Lesley, the youngest of the four of us, mother of my five-year-old niece, Sarah, could not fight off the sepsis that attacked her body.  Lesley died this morning.

      I have never hurt so much.

      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 4, 2010

        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 4, 2010
          On 05/01/2010, at 8:47 AM, Nick Arnett wrote:

          > My friends.... I hate to write this. Been putting it off for a while.
          >
          > My younger sister, Lesley, the youngest of the four of us, mother of my five-year-old niece, Sarah, could not fight off the sepsis that attacked her body. Lesley died this morning.
          >
          > I have never hurt so much.

          So sorry for your loss. I hope you can gain some solace from your family and friends, including us.

          Charlie.
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 4, 2010
            On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Nick Arnett <nick.arnett@...> wrote:
            > My friends.... I hate to write this.  Been putting it off for a while.

            Deepest condolences, Nick.

            --
            Mauro Diotallevi

            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 4, 2010
              On 4 Jan 2010, at 21:47, Nick Arnett wrote:

              > My friends.... I hate to write this. Been putting it off for a while.
              >
              > My younger sister, Lesley, the youngest of the four of us, mother of my five-year-old niece, Sarah, could not fight off the sepsis that attacked her body. Lesley died this morning.
              >
              > I have never hurt so much.

              That's very sad news.
            • Lance A. Brown
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 4, 2010
                Nick Arnett said the following on 1/4/2010 4:47 PM:
                > My friends.... I hate to write this. Been putting it off for a while.
                >
                > My younger sister, Lesley, the youngest of the four of us, mother of my
                > five-year-old niece, Sarah, could not fight off the sepsis that attacked
                > her body. Lesley died this morning.
                >
                > I have never hurt so much.

                My deepest condolences, Nick.

                --[Lance]

                --
                GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9
                CACert.org Assurer

                Message 7 of 21 , Jan 4, 2010
                  Nick Arnett wrote:
                  > My friends.... I hate to write this. Been putting it off for a while.
                  >
                  > My younger sister, Lesley, the youngest of the four of us, mother of my
                  > five-year-old niece, Sarah, could not fight off the sepsis that attacked
                  > her body. Lesley died this morning.
                  >
                  > I have never hurt so much.
                  >
                  > Nick

                  Nick--

                  I'm very sorry for your loss.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jan 4, 2010
                    Nick,

                    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jan 4, 2010
                      Condolences and Hugs, Nick.

                      Whoever the author was that talks about us all starting and becoming stardust, your family has been contributing too much to the beautiful heavens!

                      Dee
                    • Jeroen van Baardwijk
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jan 5, 2010

                        My heartfelt condolences, Nick.

                        Jeroen van Baardwijk

                        Message 11 of 21 , Jan 5, 2010
                          Nick wrote:

                          >My younger sister, Lesley, the youngest of the four of us, mother of my five-year-old niece, Sarah, could not fight off the sepsis that >attacked her body.  Lesley died this morning.

                          Oh, Nick, I am so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

                          Jim

                            Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
                          Weight Loss Program
                          Click Here For More Information

                        • John Garcia
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jan 5, 2010
                            On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Nick Arnett <nick.arnett@...> wrote:
                            My friends.... I hate to write this.  Been putting it off for a while.

                            My younger sister, Lesley, the youngest of the four of us, mother of my five-year-old niece, Sarah, could not fight off the sepsis that attacked her body.  Lesley died this morning.

                            I have never hurt so much.

                            I am so sorry for your loss. Lesley will live on in the memories of all who loved her.

                            john
                          • Jo Anne
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jan 5, 2010
                              Nick --

                              I will never understand these twistings of our lives, especially when such
                              terrible separations happen in one lifetime. I'm so sorry for your loss. I
                              hope you can find comfort wherever it is available to you, including here.
                              Blessings to you and your family.

                              Jo Anne
                              evenstar@...

                              Message 14 of 21 , Jan 5, 2010
                                Jo Anne wrote:

                                > I will never understand these twistings of our lives, especially
                                > when such terrible separations happen in one lifetime. I'm so sorry
                                > for your loss. I hope you can find comfort wherever it is available
                                > to you, including here. Blessings to you and your family.

                                Today, in brazilian TV, there was an analysis of the tragedies
                                that happened in Angra dos Reis, where families were cut in half
                                by an earthslide. The analysts said that people never recover from
                                the loss, and it takes about one year for life to return to normal.

                                I hope the best for Nick and his family - needless to say,
                                let's keep Nick's sister memory alive.

                                Message 15 of 21 , Jan 5, 2010
                                  On Jan 4, 2010, at 4:47 PM, Nick Arnett <nick.arnett@...> wrote:

                                  > My friends.... I hate to write this. Been putting it off for a while.
                                  >
                                  > My younger sister, Lesley, the youngest of the four of us, mother of
                                  > my five-year-old niece, Sarah, could not fight off the sepsis that
                                  > attacked her body. Lesley died this morning.
                                  >
                                  > I have never hurt so much.

                                  My condolences, Nick.

                                  -Bryon

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jan 5, 2010
                                    On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Alberto Monteiro <albmont@...> wrote:

                                    Today, in brazilian TV, there was an analysis of the tragedies
                                    that happened in Angra dos Reis, where families were cut in half
                                    by an earthslide. The analysts said that people never recover from
                                    the loss, and it takes about one year for life to return to normal.

                                    Not sure if I have ever really talked about it on the list, but my wife and I are part of a team that does a lot of crisis intervention and grief counseling (we were just sitting down with a family hit by suicide when I got the first news that Lesley was so sick).  One thing I have learned is that life never returns to the old normal.  What we can do is create a new normal... but I'm not even ready to think about that yet.  I'm still just in the hurt.

                                    Thank you, everyone, for all the kind words.  They mean more than I could ever explain.

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jan 5, 2010
                                      Something I've been meaning to mention here about my sister.... For a number of years, she taught English at a high school in St. Thomas, USVI.  I went there to visit her and saw that she had a bunch of David Brin's books on her shelf - she was a big fan!  Boy, was she tickled to discover that I knew David.  Somewhere in her things, she has a couple of autographed first editions with personal notes.

                                      Come to think of it, I should make sure those books don't go to Goodwll or something!  I better let my parents know.