Re: How to tell if a star has planets?

  • David Hobby
    Message 1 of 54 , Nov 12, 2009
      Deborah Harrell wrote:
      >> David Hobby <hobbyd@...> wrote:
      >> O.K., how about stem cells, made from the stems of real plants?
      >> (Yarrow could be good, for the I Ching connection. But papaver
      >> somniferum was my first choice.)
      >
      > I actually had to look up the latter - all the times I've seen "The
      > Wizard of Oz" nothwithstanding. As for the species, I might favor
      > penstemon:

      Note that I was going to use the stems, going for
      word play over biological activity.

      > "... in these moments of sorrow and pain, the soul must have the
      > courage to rebuild itself and the faith to trust in a higher power.
      > Penstemon flower essence has enormous strengthening powers, enabling
      > the soul to tap into reservoirs of courage and resilience which are
      > normally inaccessible to human consciousness. At its deepest level of
      > transformation. Penstemon essence shows the soul that it has freely
      > chosen even the harshest circumstances for its growth and
      > evolution..."

      That is well written. I'm impressed.

      And I thought that souls "freely chose" bodies in harsh
      circumstances just by being at the back of the line for
      reincarnation. : )

      ---David

      Message 54 of 54 , Nov 16, 2009
        At 06:27 PM Friday 11/13/2009, Ronn! Blankenship wrote:
        >At 03:32 PM Friday 11/13/2009, Julia wrote:
        >

        >> > Julia
        >>

        >> >who declined to take part in what she perceived was the torturing of the
        >> >rattlesnakes from Taylor during the premiere weekend of "Snakes on a Plane"
        >> >at the Alamo Drafthouse (this was at the Village location), and did *not*
        >> >reach out to touch the one being brought up the aisle on her side (and I
        >> >think that one was only about 5' long)
        >>

        >>The Alamo Drafthouse is a church?
        >>

        >>. . . ronn! :)
        >>

        >>____________________
        >>
        >>Nope.
        >>
        >>http://www.drafthouse.com/
        >>
        >>Opening weekends of some things, they go all-out.
        >>
        >>Oh, and Harry Knowles' Butt-Numb-A-Thon is held at one.
        >>
        >>And, well, that's where I found out that cheese & grapes is *not* as good
        >>for my digestion as cheese & apples. (I'm inclined *not* to order the
        >>cheese & fruit plate after that one.)
        >>
        >>One of the featured menu items for about a month was "Snakes on a Plate".
        >>And I hear tell that rattler (which was the snake they were using) tastes
        >>like chicken. I declined to explore that.
        >>
        >> Julia
        >

        >When you said that they brought a rattlesnake "up the aisle" for
        >folks to touch I of course immediately thought of those
        >snake-handling churches, hence my wisecrack . . .

        And here's another one:

        Natural Selection free online comic strip library at comics.com -
        http://comics.com/natural_selection/2009-11-16/

        . . . ronn! :)