Posted in a workcube

  • Rceeberger
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30 6:15 PM

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30 7:14 PM
        From: brin-l-bounces@... [mailto:brin-l-bounces@...] On
        Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 8:16 PM
        To: Brin-L
        Subject: Posted in a workcube

        Decaf brings the little sleep
        that leads to total oblivion.
        I will embrace my caffeine.
        I will brew my beverages and
        let them... flow through me,
        and when they are gone,
        I will remain.......alert

        Reply:

        You can get that on a t-shirt. I gave such a t-shirt to my brother-in-law.
        (His caffeine addiction is legendary. In fact, the first time I met him,
        the biggest impression he made on me was with the concoction he was using to
        stay awake for an all-nighter -- double-strength coffee with some instant
        thrown in for good measure, with 2 or 3 teabags soaking in the mess, in an
        insulated mug that was at least 20 oz., might have been more like 32, even.
        And the caffeine addiction was mentioned by a number of people who stood up
        to say things about him and my sister at their wedding reception.)

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 30 7:16 PM
          rob wrote:
          > I will not brew Decaf.
          > Decaf is the mind-killer.
          > Decaf brings the little sleep
          > that leads to total oblivion.
          > I will embrace my caffeine.
          > I will brew my beverages and
          > let them... flow through me,
          > and when they are gone,
          > I will remain.......alert

          wtf are you doing in a workcube on a Sunday evening??? Where are your
          priorities, man?

          Doug
          vacuum, mow the lawn, build a step, walk the dog, move furniture, cook
          dinner and empty the trash maru

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 30 7:58 PM
            Julia wrote:

            > Reply:
            >
            > You can get that on a t-shirt.  I gave such a t-shirt to my brother-in-law.
            > (His caffeine addiction is legendary.  In fact, the first time I met him,
            > the biggest impression he made on me was with the concoction he was using to
            > stay awake for an all-nighter -- double-strength coffee with some instant
            > thrown in for good measure, with 2 or 3 teabags soaking in the mess, in an
            > insulated mug that was at least 20 oz., might have been more like 32, even.
            > And the caffeine addiction was mentioned by a number of people who stood up
            > to say things about him and my sister at their wedding reception.)

            oh. Now you see I thought he made that up and was posting it from a
            workcube. I even thought about spending some time on a poetic reply
            (too lazy).

            Silly me.

          • Bruce Bostwick
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 30 8:21 PM
              On Aug 30, 2009, at 9:16 PM, Doug Pensinger wrote:

              > rob wrote:
              >> I will not brew Decaf.
              >> Decaf is the mind-killer.
              >> Decaf brings the little sleep
              >> that leads to total oblivion.
              >> I will embrace my caffeine.
              >> I will brew my beverages and
              >> let them... flow through me,
              >> and when they are gone,
              >> I will remain.......alert
              >
              > wtf are you doing in a workcube on a Sunday evening??? Where are your
              > priorities, man?
              >
              > Doug
              > vacuum, mow the lawn, build a step, walk the dog, move furniture, cook
              > dinner and empty the trash maru

              1) Signature contained the verb "build" in the context of things to
              do .. win. ;)

              2) I read the last as "enjoy the trash", which made an odd Zen-like
              sort of sense. I've been known to enjoy the trash (or at least the
              ritual of taking out the trash) myself. Then I realized the oddity of
              the phrase was all in my mind ..

              "This is an amazing honor. I want you to know that I spend so much
              time in the world that is spinning all the time, that to be in the no-
              spin zone actually gives me vertigo." -- Stephen Colbert during an
              interview on FOX News, The O'Reilly Factor

            • Jim Sharkey
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 31 5:07 AM
                Rob wrote:
                >I will not brew Decaf.
                >Decaf is the mind-killer.
                >Decaf brings the little sleep
                >that leads to total oblivion.
                >I will embrace my caffeine.
                >I will brew my beverages and
                >let them... flow through me,
                >and when they are gone,
                >I will remain.......alert

                I prefer The LItany of Beer, myself:

                I must drink beer
                Beer is the mind-killer
                Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration
                I will face my beer
                I will allow it to pass over me and through me
                And when it has gone
                I will follow its path with my mind's eye
                When the beer is gone there will be nothing
                Only I will remain

                Jim
                Thanks to Jon Rosenberg Maru
                  Data Recovery
                All is not lost! Click now for professional data recovery.
                Click Here For More Information

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 31 5:26 AM
                  Doug Pensinger wrote:

                  > wtf are you doing in a workcube on a Sunday evening??? Where are
                  > your priorities, man?

                  Trying to make the evil boss happy and keep the underpaid slavelike job?