Health care is civil law, not guns involved (Re: WeChooseTheMoon)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2009
      On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 9:21 PM, John Williams <jwilliams4200@...> wrote:

      I have posted articles that list a number of state mandates for health
      care plans. If a provider were to dare to sell a policy to a willing
      buyer, and that policy did not, for example, cover acupuncture in
      certain states, the provider would be breaking the law. If the
      provider refused to cease selling policies without acupuncture, they
      would eventually send the police to arrest them, with guns if the
      person attempted to defend themselves.

      This is so much baloney that Oscar Meyer  would be jealous.

      Courts, not the police, not enforce civil matters like this.  The only point at which police become involved would be when other laws are broken consequential to enforcement of the civil laws by courts.  The only point at which guns are drawn is when officers believe they are others may be in immediate danger of great harm.

      I guess now I understand how you are consistent - "Offer acupuncture or I'll shoot" is a denial of civil rights, so you apparently don't recognize that our nation has made that step forward, which reasonably is a higher priority than basic health care.