power sat progress

  • hkhenson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2009
      You might be amused.

      http://www.theoildrum.com/node/5485

      Took lots of flack

      Comment about it here

      http://www.futurist.com/2009/06/15/energy-and-the-future-space-based-power-and-cognitive-dissonance/

      On the other hand, also coming into my screen today was a blog entry
      from The Oildrum, specifically
      a<http://www.theoildrum.com/node/5485#more> guest blog under the
      byline of "Gail the Actuary" in which an expert on space-based solar
      power explained how a new approach to the launch of vehicles may be
      able to cut the cost enough that space-based solar energy would
      become an answer, even the answer, to our future energy problems.
      Space-based solar arrays are one of those technologies that are
      always somewhere over the horizon, and some would say over the
      rainbow. If you take a few minutes to read this blog, and again the
      comments, you find the dissonance on full display. On the one hand
      you have a person saying that there may be an energy answer after
      fossil fuels. On the other hand you have lots of people not only
      saying it is not possible, but directly arguing that a human die-back
      is more desirable than cheap energy.

      And so it goes.