What was that story?

  • Andrew Crystall
    Message 1 of 476 , May 2, 2009
      Hey, after a story again-

      It's a post-apocalyptic story, where the protagonist wakes up having
      been cured of a cancer to discover he's the last man alive. He is
      periodically woken from suspension sleep by robots which become
      increasingly sofisticated, and eventually they terraform another
      world and evolve a near-human race on it for him to be with.

      AndrewC

      Message 476 of 476 , Feb 2, 2011
        The Brin-L weekly chat has been a list tradition for over twelve
        years. Way back on 27 May, 1998, Marco Maisenhelder first set
        up a chatroom for the list, and on the next day, he established
        a weekly chat time. We've been through several servers, chat
        technologies, and even casts of regulars over the years, but
        the chat goes on... and we want more recruits!

        Whether you're an active poster or a lurker, whether you've
        been a member of the list from the beginning or just joined
        today, we would really like for you to join us. We have less
        politics, more Uplift talk, and more light-hearted discussion.
        We're non-fattening and 100% environmentally friendly...
        -----(_() Though sometimes marshmallows do get thrown.

        The Weekly Brin-L chat is scheduled for Wednesday 3 PM
        Eastern/2 PM Central time in the US, or 7 PM Greenwich time.
        There's usually somebody there to talk to for at least eight
        hours after the start time. If no-one is there when you arrive
        just wait around a while for the next person to show up!

        If you want to attend, it's really easy now. All you have to
        do is send your web browser to:

        http://wtgab.demon.co.uk/brinl/chat/

        ..And you can connect directly from the NEW new web
        interface on the NEW server!

        --
        William T Goodall
        Mail : me@...

        "This message was sent automatically using cron. But even if WTG
        is away on holiday, at least it shows the server is still up."