Re: Sausage surprise at Miskatonic University

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 22, 2009
      Bruce Bostwick wrote:

      >> Is this Miskatonic University where one of the three existing copies
      >> of the Necronomicon lies? (the other sites are the secret Vatican
      >> files, and the secret nazi bunker in Antarctica or the other side
      >> of the Moon)
      >
      > The nazis got to Antarctica?

      <serious>
      Yes!

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Swabia
      </serious>

      But of course I was referring to the conspiracy-theory _secret_ nazi
      base. The secret nazi base in the other side of the Moon was found
      when the first spaceships mapped that place, and it was preemptively
      destroyed with the first successful time-travelling experiment.

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 22, 2009
        On Apr 22, 2009, at 6:29 AM, Alberto Monteiro wrote:

        > But of course I was referring to the conspiracy-theory _secret_ nazi
        > base. The secret nazi base in the other side of the Moon was found
        > when the first spaceships mapped that place, and it was preemptively
        > destroyed with the first successful time-travelling experiment.

        I think that "preemptively destroyed with the first successful time-
        traveling experiment" may be the best phrase I've read in a long time.

        But wait.

        If they did that, how would the spaceships have mapped it? Did they
        map the ruins? Did they destroy it after it was mapped? If so, how
        would that qualify as preemptive? Did they destroy the rockets that
        were delivering the Necronomicon to the moon before the secret base
        was even built? If so, then what did the spaceships actually map?

        Dave

        We Need Answers, Dammit Maru

      • Wayne Eddy
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 22, 2009
          I only Miskatonic I've ever heard of, is the grendel infested river in
          Legacy of Heorot.

          Regards,

          Wayne.

          > Is this Miskatonic University where one of the three existing copies
          > of the Necronomicon lies? (the other sites are the secret Vatican
          > files, and the secret nazi bunker in Antarctica or the other side
          > of the Moon)
          >
          > Alberto Monteiro

        • Alberto Vieira Ferreira Monteiro
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 22, 2009
            Dave Land wrote:

            >> But of course I was referring to the conspiracy-theory _secret_ nazi
            >> base. The secret nazi base in the other side of the Moon was found
            >> when the first spaceships mapped that place, and it was preemptively
            >> destroyed with the first successful time-travelling experiment.
            >
            > I think that "preemptively destroyed with the first successful time-
            > traveling experiment" may be the best phrase I've read in a long time.

            Believe it or not, I know people who _believe_ in those conspiracy
            theories. They claim that "The Philadelphia Project" movie was based
            on _real facts_!

            > But wait.
            >
            > If they did that, how would the spaceships have mapped it? Did they
            > map the ruins? Did they destroy it after it was mapped? If so, how
            > would that qualify as preemptive? Did they destroy the rockets that
            > were delivering the Necronomicon to the moon before the secret base
            > was even built? If so, then what did the spaceships actually map?

            No, no, no. In the 70s, when the first russian or americans ships began
            mapping the other side of the Moon, they found a huge Nazi occupation,
            that began in the 1945s. So, they (CIA or KGB or both) used time-travel
            to go _back_ to 1945 and destroy the base (or, probably, destroy the
            nazi launch sites) so that there would not be any nazi moon base.

            Probably that's when they destroyed the german copy of the Necronomicon,
            therefore cutting out the information that would enable time-travel. History
            and Meta-History was preserved because a few gifted people retain memory
            of what-should-be, and this memory is enhanced with the use of anphetamins.

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 22, 2009
               Alberto  wrote:

              Probably that's when they destroyed the german copy of the Necronomicon,
              therefore cutting out the information that would enable time-travel. History
              and Meta-History was preserved because a few gifted people retain memory
              of what-should-be, and this memory is enhanced with the use of anphetamins.

              And/or 'shrooms...

              trippin' maru