Re: Government regulations and complex consequences

  • jamespv@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2008
      >You are giving economists way too much credit.
      >I'm not asking for 100%, or even 90%. But 50%
      >would be nice. But economists can rarely manage 10%.

      Come on yall there has never been a large group of students studying to
      Become economist and that subject is a lot like the doctor’s requirement
      To learn say organic chemistry.
      Its amazing how we fool our selves about our problems. People may not
      Understand excessive credit or they may be lost to the idea of building
      Wealth through saving and investments and now that the roof has caved in
      Everyone appear bewildered.
      The economic restructuring of America is the biggest since the expansion
      Of the railroads westward and the days of the great wildcat railroads
      Where the coolies and recent freed black men were used on railroad gangs
      and their labor Was exploited but it was a period of dynamic change and
      the people Knew hard work and still had some structure in their family while the
      Company structures were taking hold and the teapot type scandals ran rampant
      We were subjected to the idea that we could reach 20 miles to either side
      Of the railroad tracks an the became the wage slaves of the emerging
      Period of industrialization. The steel and oil enterprise rose and work
      Was abundant and men could still dream of an America with wide spaces
      Because many medium size independent farms still had good size populations
      To day the mega-global companies are monopolies and the economist realize
      That this concentration of capital has an adverse effect on the worker’s
      Ability to create a base of wealth. The mass of workers are negatively
      Effected because the company executive control politics and the flow
      Of wealth inside and outside the country. These ty---coons with their
      Golden parachutes are the first to argue both sides of the issue
      They rob the people with high prices and keep the mass of wage
      Slaves living near or below the poverty level and use all types of
      Economic tools like manipulating the interest rates, balances of trade,
      Dominating commodities markets and flooding the consumer markets
      With cheap foreign goods while over charging citizens in this for those
      Cheap goods which you pay for with expensive credit and so we are
      Bail out the large automakers---treat all these mega giants like utilities
      Companies and monopolies who are now necessary but the citizens money [tax]
      Should be infused in such failing giants but the citizens money should
      Provide the same kind of investment respect as any investor---i.e. Preferred Stock
      That preferred stock should have the same power for the people as it has
      For the fat cats. The world is changing and the citizen should spend some
      Time studying his position as a knowledgeable persons not flunkies!
      Morris J. Peavey, Jr. Author
      Ghettonomics:
      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ghettonomics
      -------------- Original message from "John Williams" <jwilliams4200@...>: --------------