power out

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2008
      just had possible transformer explosion here... on backup power. List
      will probably be down for a while.
    • Mauro Diotallevi
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2008
        On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 5:47 AM, Nick Arnett <narnett@...> wrote:
        > just had possible transformer explosion here... on backup power. List
        > will probably be down for a while.

        Even though the email above was timestamped 5:47 AM and the one saying
        power is back up was timestamped 12:59 PM, I got this one about an
        hour and a half after I got the "we're back" message. I love the
        net...

        --
        Mauro Diotallevi
        "The number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate your phone 90
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2008
          On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Mauro Diotallevi <diotallevi@...>wrote:

          > Even though the email above was timestamped 5:47 AM and the one saying
          > power is back up was timestamped 12:59 PM, I got this one about an
          > hour and a half after I got the "we're back" message. I love the
          > net...

          The router was down, so the initial message got stuck in a non-delivery
          queue, as you might have guessed.

          I discovered that a couple of UPSs need new batteries...