98684Re: Bacteria evolve; Conservapedia demands recount

    Jul 1, 2008
      David Hobby wrote:

      > A lot of people don't like imaginary numbers, so that would
      > be popular. I don't think it says in the Bible that sqrt(2)
      > is rational, so they'd probably let it stay irrational. : )

      I guess the only vaguely math related topic in the Bible
      is the approximation pi ~ 3.

      >> Conservapedia is quite poor in Math articles.
      >
      > Hence the question: How blatantly can they steal content
      > they want from other sources, just slapping it on their
      > site? It seems their best chance of getting comprehensive
      > coverage.

      If you consider that Wikipedia's math content was stolen
      from Eric W. Weisstein's MathWorld, who, in his turn, also
      stole from voluntary contributions, then I think it's fine.