98682RE: Bacteria evolve; Conservapedia demands recount

  • Dan M
    Jul 1, 2008

      Well, he could have been Eastern Orthodox, but he was Western. :-)

      > Or, I'm guessing, you meant that his views were very much in line with
      > Catholic teaching?

      At the time of the reformation, Luther and Calvin, two of the leading
      figures of the reformation tended to distance themselves from the teachings
      of Aquinas and favor the teachings of Augustine. Even now, Reformed
      Seminaries teach Augustine but not Aquinas. I think it has to do with the
      dependence of the Catholic Church on the arguments of Aquinas and Luther and
      Calvin wanting to go away from that route.