92301Re: Pope prepares to embrace theory of intelligent design

    Sep 3, 2006

      > I don't know if you know who Billy Graham is, Charlie. He's the
      > most famous
      > American evangelical preacher of the last 50 years.

      ...and I've seen him evangelise.

      > A friend of mine is
      > sending me an email quoting Billy stating that evolution and
      > Christianity
      > are fully compatible He falls in the first category. I always
      > thought he
      > was a fundamentalist, but its clear now that he isn't.

      No, he's just an evangelical. And he seems to have avoid the power
      and money traps so many evangelists fall into (along with the
      fundamentalist leanings that are so easy to use in that "us vs them"
      way that the real greedmongers and loopers do.

      Charlie