92195RE: Pope prepares to embrace theory of intelligent design

  • Ritu
    Sep 2, 2006
      Rich wrote:

      > Well, it seems to me that religious people talk quite a lot about
      > "human dignity" and humanity being made in the image of God in some
      > sense, and it seems that in the Islamic/Christian/Jewish
      > religion God
      > has some kind of special interest in humans (or perhaps He is also
      > supposed to send prophets and messiahs to chimpanzees and squid and
      > so forth...)

      Have you read Steinbeck's _St. Katherine_? :)

      On a related note, Vishnu's incarnations, though mostly meant to sort
      out the problems of the bipedals [though not just humans], take the form
      of a fish, a tortoise, a boar, man-lion hybrid etc. And one of Shiva's
      incarnation was in the form of a monkey, and he was a prophet to the
      monkeys.

      Ritu