88794Re: Media Myth - Guns Are Always Bad for Us

    Jan 1, 2006
      At 03:09 AM Sunday 1/1/2006, Doug Pensinger wrote:
      >Nick Lidster wrote:
      >
      >>Currently there are really 2 camps that are slugging it out on this issue,
      >>the liberals who want more laws and to create a new gun task force within
      >>the RCMP who are in a huge manpower shortage. Then there is the
      >>Conservatives who are taking a stance on increasing funding to the provinces
      >>and increasing the funding to the RCMP to enforce the current laws, as well
      >>as increasing sentence lengths and giving mandatory min sentences for all
      >>firearm related crimes.
      >>
      >>The main problem with the RCMP shortage is that after a decade of budget
      >>cuts the RCMP cannot cover all its duties properly so officers are tasked
      >>from major crime division to fill gaps in local districts. Right now I
      >>believe that the RCMP staffing is at 80% of needed positions and the ONE
      >>training school for them can only put through 1500 cadets a year.
      >
      >Sounds like the conservatives have the more practical solution in this case.

      I doubt it seems that way to those who believe
      that all guns are e—ee—eee—vil . . .

      --Ronn! :)

      "Since I was a small boy, two states have been
      added to our country and two words have been
      added to the pledge of Allegiance... UNDER
      GOD. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that
      is a prayer and that would be eliminated from schools too?"
      -- Red Skelton

      (Someone asked me to change my .sig quote back, so I did.)