80770Re: No Spoilers: Talking about THE INCREDIBLES?

  • Steve Sloan
    Jan 1, 2005

      Alberto Monteiro wrote:

      > Couldn't _Shrek_ count as the homolog of _Monsters, Inc._ ?

      I hadn't thought about it, but it's possible. I don't think MI
      and Shrek are as similar to each other as the examples I gave,
      but they do have things in common. Both present a story from
      the sympathetic monster's viewpoint, and both feature a big
      guy and his perky little sidekick. I probably didn't think of
      Shrek as an example because, unlike the other Dreamworks movies
      I listed, I really like Shrek. I don't *want* it to be just
      another possible ripoff of a Pixar movie -- even if all that
      means is that they heard about Monsters, Inc., then chose to
      adapt Shrek from the original book because it was kinda similar.
      Steve Sloan ......... Huntsville, Alabama =========> steve@...
      Brin-L list pages .............................. http://www.brin-l.org
      Science Fiction-themed online store ..... http://www.sloan3d.com/store
      Chmeee's 3D Objects .................... http://www.sloan3d.com/chmeee
      3D and Drawing Galleries .................. http://www.sloansteady.com
      Software ................ Science Fiction, Science, and Computer Links
      Science fiction scans ......................... http://www.sloan3d.com