Re: Race Wheel Insurance

  • lukefarren@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 16 , May 7, 2012
      Thanks mate, I'll look into it.

      --- In brightonmitre@yahoogroups.com, Gavin Starling <starlinggavin@...> wrote:

      > Hi Luke ,
      >
      > I got the RAP policy on my Reynolds and also ended up insuring the bike via British Cycling, for a small premium it also covers you for racing, wasn't cheap but provides peace of mind
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On 7 May 2012, at 17:52, "lukefarren@..." <lukefarren@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Speaking with Gavin last week he mentioned about race wheel insurance - I dont know if you can point me in the right direction Gav (or Rob), or anyone for that matter!?
      > >
      > > We did a race yesterday up in Essex and Matt stuck his back wheel in a pothole and has cracked his rim, I want to make sure that there is recourse in future..

    • Alan Newman
      Message 2 of 16 , May 8, 2012
        I got my insurance through British Cycling (they provide it via JLT - http://www.jltonline.co.uk
        ). They provide complete bike insurance including cover for races as
        well.

        On 7 May 2012, at 17:52, lukefarren@... wrote:

        > Speaking with Gavin last week he mentioned about race wheel
        > insurance - I dont know if you can point me in the right direction
        > Gav (or Rob), or anyone for that matter!?
        >
        > We did a race yesterday up in Essex and Matt stuck his back wheel in
        > a pothole and has cracked his rim, I want to make sure that there is
        > recourse in future..

        www.sensibledevelopment.com - online auction development that looks
        good and works in real time.

        twitter: twitter.com/alannewman
        linked in: www.linkedin.com/in/anewman
        email: alan@...

        land: +44 (0)1273 621110
        mobile: +44 (0)7711 006551

      • lukefarren@rocketmail.com
        Message 3 of 16 , May 8, 2012
          Thanks Al, I bit the bullet and did it through JLT today.

          --- In brightonmitre@yahoogroups.com, Alan Newman <alan@...> wrote:

          > I got my insurance through British Cycling (they provide it via JLT - http://www.jltonline.co.uk
          > ). They provide complete bike insurance including cover for races as
          > well.
          >

          > On 7 May 2012, at 17:52, lukefarren@... wrote:
          >
          > > Speaking with Gavin last week he mentioned about race wheel
          > > insurance - I dont know if you can point me in the right direction
          > > Gav (or Rob), or anyone for that matter!?
          > >
          > > We did a race yesterday up in Essex and Matt stuck his back wheel in
          > > a pothole and has cracked his rim, I want to make sure that there is
          > > recourse in future..
          > >

          > www.sensibledevelopment.com - online auction development that looks
          > good and works in real time.
          >

          > twitter: twitter.com/alannewman
          > linked in: www.linkedin.com/in/anewman
          > email: alan@...
          >
          > land: +44 (0)1273 621110
          > mobile: +44 (0)7711 006551

        • Paul Flynn
          Message 4 of 16 , May 14, 2012
            Off to do the Itape and TDF trip in July and can't be arsed with bike box hire companies so I'll pay the same rate to a Mitre rider if you're willing to borrow, it will be insured too.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On 9 May 2012, at 00:58, "lukefarren@..." <lukefarren@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Al, I bit the bullet and did it through JLT today.
            >
            > --- In brightonmitre@yahoogroups.com, Alan Newman <alan@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I got my insurance through British Cycling (they provide it via JLT - http://www.jltonline.co.uk
            > > ). They provide complete bike insurance including cover for races as
            > > well.
            > >

            > > On 7 May 2012, at 17:52, lukefarren@... wrote:
            > >
            > > > Speaking with Gavin last week he mentioned about race wheel
            > > > insurance - I dont know if you can point me in the right direction
            > > > Gav (or Rob), or anyone for that matter!?
            > > >
            > > > We did a race yesterday up in Essex and Matt stuck his back wheel in
            > > > a pothole and has cracked his rim, I want to make sure that there is
            > > > recourse in future..
            > > >

            > > www.sensibledevelopment.com - online auction development that looks
            > > good and works in real time.
            > >

            > > twitter: twitter.com/alannewman
            > > linked in: www.linkedin.com/in/anewman
            > > email: alan@...
            > >
            > > land: +44 (0)1273 621110
            > > mobile: +44 (0)7711 006551

          • Duncan Morgan
            Message 5 of 16 , May 14, 2012
              Hi Paul

              I'm happy to loan out my http://www.bikeboxalan.co.uk/ for �20 pw

              money goes towards buying a new one (with current one donated to the club
              if still functional - fund is currently �100)

              Cheers

              Duncan

              On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Paul Flynn <paul_solid@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Off to do the Itape and TDF trip in July and can't be arsed with bike box
              > hire companies so I'll pay the same rate to a Mitre rider if you're willing
              > to borrow, it will be insured too.
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone
              >
              > On 9 May 2012, at 00:58, "lukefarren@..." <
              > lukefarren@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Thanks Al, I bit the bullet and did it through JLT today.
              > >
              > > --- In brightonmitre@yahoogroups.com, Alan Newman <alan@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I got my insurance through British Cycling (they provide it via JLT -
              > http://www.jltonline.co.uk
              > > > ). They provide complete bike insurance including cover for races as
              > > > well.

              > > > www.sensibledevelopment.com - online auction development that looks
              > > > good and works in real time.
              > > >

              > > > twitter: twitter.com/alannewman
              > > > linked in: www.linkedin.com/in/anewman
              > > > email: alan@...
              > > >
              > > > land: +44 (0)1273 621110
              > > > mobile: +44 (0)7711 006551

            • Mark Mergler
              Message 6 of 16 , May 14, 2012
                is the itape apple's retro walkman?

                On 14 May 2012 09:00, Paul Flynn <paul_solid@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Off to do the Itape and TDF trip in July and can't be arsed with bike box
                > hire companies so I'll pay the same rate to a Mitre rider if you're willing
                > to borrow, it will be insured too.
                >
                > Sent from my iPhone
                >
                > On 9 May 2012, at 00:58, "lukefarren@..." <
                > lukefarren@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Thanks Al, I bit the bullet and did it through JLT today.
                > >
                > > --- In brightonmitre@yahoogroups.com, Alan Newman <alan@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I got my insurance through British Cycling (they provide it via JLT -
                > http://www.jltonline.co.uk
                > > > ). They provide complete bike insurance including cover for races as
                > > > well.

                > > > www.sensibledevelopment.com - online auction development that looks
                > > > good and works in real time.
                > > >

                > > > twitter: twitter.com/alannewman
                > > > linked in: www.linkedin.com/in/anewman
                > > > email: alan@...
                > > >
                > > > land: +44 (0)1273 621110
                > > > mobile: +44 (0)7711 006551

              • Paul Flynn
                Message 7 of 16 , May 14, 2012
                  That looks perfect, I'm away for 10 days but I'll slide you 40 sheets ;)

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On 14 May 2012, at 09:47, Duncan Morgan <duncan.morgan@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Paul
                  >
                  > I'm happy to loan out my http://www.bikeboxalan.co.uk/ for �20 pw
                  >
                  > money goes towards buying a new one (with current one donated to the club
                  > if still functional - fund is currently �100)
                  >
                  > Cheers
                  >
                  > Duncan
                  >
                  > On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Paul Flynn <paul_solid@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> **
                  >>

                  >> Off to do the Itape and TDF trip in July and can't be arsed with bike box
                  >> hire companies so I'll pay the same rate to a Mitre rider if you're willing
                  >> to borrow, it will be insured too.
                  >>
                  >> Sent from my iPhone
                  >>
                  >> On 9 May 2012, at 00:58, "lukefarren@..." <
                  >> lukefarren@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Thanks Al, I bit the bullet and did it through JLT today.

                  >> http://www.jltonline.co.uk

                • Paul Flynn
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 14, 2012
                    Whatever it is I know the Madaleine and Telegraph are involved and it's going to hurt.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 14, 2012
                      Sounds like some serious riding ahead Paul, just out of interest what's the
                      easiest gear ratio's you plan on using?

                      On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Paul Flynn <paul_solid@...> wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > Whatever it is I know the Madaleine and Telegraph are involved and it's
                      > going to hurt.
                      >
                      > Sent from my iPhone
                      >

                      > On 14 May 2012, at 09:54, Mark Mergler <markmergler1970@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > is the itape apple's retro walkman?
                      > >
                      > > On 14 May 2012 09:00, Paul Flynn <paul_solid@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > >> **
                      > >>

                      > >> Off to do the Itape and TDF trip in July and can't be arsed with bike
                      > box
                      > >> hire companies so I'll pay the same rate to a Mitre rider if you're
                      > willing
                      > >> to borrow, it will be insured too.
                      > >>
                      > >> Sent from my iPhone

                      > >> http://www.jltonline.co.uk

                    • Paul Flynn
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 14, 2012
                        Switched to a compact this year on the race bike mate so 34/28 being lowest to 50/11, the Bianchi is on std ratios but it hurt too much last year. Im able to knock out decent cadence too.

                        Compact means much swifter progress on the steeper climbs as I can keep my revs higher and stay seated, swinging all over the bike on 12% + climbs for long periods is fine for mountain goats but I'd rather be comfortable and I'm not exactly slight in statute.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On 14 May 2012, at 13:17, Joel draper <curtains@...> wrote:

                        > Sounds like some serious riding ahead Paul, just out of interest what's the
                        > easiest gear ratio's you plan on using?
                        >
                        > On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Paul Flynn <paul_solid@...> wrote:
                        >
                        >> **
                        >>

                        >> Whatever it is I know the Madaleine and Telegraph are involved and it's
                        >> going to hurt.
                        >>
                        >> Sent from my iPhone
                        >>

                        >> On 14 May 2012, at 09:54, Mark Mergler <markmergler1970@...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >>> is the itape apple's retro walkman?

                        >> box
                        >> willing

                      • Joel draper
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 14, 2012
                          Sounds like a wise choice, whatever you use is going to equal pain climbing
                          those heights. May as well make it as enjoyable as possible I imagine
                          you'll be thanking yourself soon enough.

                        • Duncan Morgan
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                            Hi Paul

                            FYI I sent a mail with my contact details to your @... account (the
                            one associated with your Mitre group registration)

                            Cheers

                            Duncan