hell of ashdown debrief

  • Morgan Lewis
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 2, 2009
      Hi. I hope those that rode had a good time. Any DOs or DON'Ts you experienced that a sportive organiser should know about, please send them my way.. Thank you.

      Morgan

    • Viv Langley
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 2, 2009
        Hi Morgan

        The Ashdown was again a really well organised event. The only issue was
        that one of the direction signs was quite difficult to see so quite a
        few poeple went the wrong way.
        A ggod they thing they did was to change the route slightly on the day
        so as to avoid some of the lanes that were likely to be dangerously icy.

        Viv

        --- In brightonmitre@yahoogroups.com, Morgan Lewis <morganlewis41@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi. I hope those that rode had a good time. Any DOs or DON'Ts you
        experienced that a sportive organiser should know about, please send
        them my way.. Thank you.

        > Morgan

      • Martin O'Brien
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 3, 2009
          Morgan, i was just checking out what others have been saying about the
          ashdown sportive, the only gripes seem to be about the weather and the
          feed stations being short of provisions for the later starters. I
          would agree with Viv that some of the signage could have been more
          obvious but on the whole it was good, the hot soup and roll afterwards
          are my outstanding memory of the event, delicious!
          <morganlewis41@...> wrote:

          > Hi. I hope those that rode had a good time. Any DOs or DON'Ts you
          experienced that a sportive organiser should know about, please send
          them my way.. Thank you.

          > Morgan

        • sholtohaggart
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 4, 2009
            wrote:
            >Hi Morgan. Not really related to the title but anyway... I'm entered
            on your sportive 1st March. I've been out a few times with the Mitre
            guys n gals and would like to be grouped with them on the sportive if
            possible. Many thanks. Sholto.

            > Hi. I hope those that rode had a good time. Any DOs or DON'Ts you
            experienced that a sportive organiser should know about, please send
            them my way.. Thank you.

            > Morgan

          • Morgan Lewis
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 4, 2009
              Hi Sholto. There are no set start times. It's first to the grid goes first. So I suggest you post something here a day or so before the event and ask what time the folks are planning to be there.
              Cheers.
              Morgan