Garden Tub repair

  • Diane Baldwin
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
      Hi all:

      Has anyone else had a crack in their tub.  We have the Sterling Garden Tub in our master bath and we have 2 cracks in the side wall.  They want to fix the cracks but obviously I am hesitant.

      Has anyone had a crack repaired? Was it ok since?

      They tell us all the tile in the bathroom will need to come off and it will be a big mess if they have to take the tub out.

      Any suggestions or comments???

      Thanks,

      Diane and Brent Baldwin,
      Tressel Wood Dr.

    • Glenn Campbell
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
        We haven't had a problem, but I do have a friend at work that had a problem with his shower and the two are essentially made of the same substance.  Apparently the tollerances on the plastic are much tighter than I would have expected for something that goes into the average home.  He was told the plastic is rated for up to a 200 lbs person.  Well, he was of course considerably bigger than that and immediately had problems .  In his case it was not a Henry Fischer house, but they did replace.  He did not have problems after as I think he changed some of the ways he moved around the tub after.  I have no idea if this is your problem and really hope you don't think I'm making some sort of statement about your size.  It could just be a defect from the manufacturer or maybe unusual movements in the tub.  My point really is that I'm very surprised at the tollerances and thought you should at least know about that experience.  P.S. I'm not a huge man but i am technically outside the tollerance (About 210) and I do worry about this problem.

        I hope this helps.

        Glenn

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Dec 3, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Diane Baldwin <baldwin7153@...> wrote:

        Hi all:

        Has anyone else had a crack in their tub.  We have the Sterling Garden Tub in our master bath and we have 2 cracks in the side wall.  They want to fix the cracks but obviously I am hesitant.

        Has anyone had a crack repaired? Was it ok since?

        They tell us all the tile in the bathroom will need to come off and it will be a big mess if they have to take the tub out.

        Any suggestions or comments???

        Thanks,

        Diane and Brent Baldwin,
        Tressel Wood Dr.

      • David Deger
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
          We have not had the problem yet.  However, I have noticed that the shower base is moving more with time.  This tells me that the base it is setting on is not stable.

          So, you could have a defective tub, one that may have been damaged during the installation, a deteriorating base, or an outside force that you may not have thought of.  The outside force might be overweighting a particular section of the tub or dropping something on it.  Hard to say without seeing it.

          I would be happy to take a look at it for you.

          Best luck to you.

          Dave Deger
          7396 Bridge Point Pass
          470-7476