food drive for orphanage

  • Chris & Jenny Combs
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2010

      Dear neighbors,

      Our church Sunday school will be having a nonperishable food drive for One Way Farms Orphanage located in Fairfield over the next two weeks.  The orphanage has 20 kids there (10 girls and 10 boys) and they are at maximum capacity.  Most of these kids don’t have any family that sees them over the holidays.  They have either lost their parents or they were given up.   Some of their parents just couldn’t afford to feed them and clothe them so they gave them to the orphanage.  It breaks my heart.  The woman who founded the place was homeless at one time and had young kids herself.  When she got on her feet she wanted to help others in the same situation and so she started the orphanage.  Check them out at http://www.onewayfarm.org/

      If you are interested in helping out we are accepting any items on the following list or any cash donation and I will shop for food for them.  They have specific food needs since they have a menu that they cook for the kids from every day.  They also have 3 diabetic kids so they stick to certain foods.  Please see the list below.  If you are interested in helping out my kids and I can pick the food up from you or you may drop it off on my front porch any day.  We want to deliver to them by December 20th.  My number at home is 598-9955.  Thank you for reading the email and may God Bless you and your families over the holidays.  We are all truly blessed!

      One Way Farms Non-Perishable Donation List

      Canned tomato soup and chicken noodle

      Ketchup

      Jelly

      Canned Chef Boy R Dee Pasta