65Knitter's Retreat in the Berkshires, and more

  • Debbie Stoller
    Oct 4, 2012
      My document title

      Facebook

      Twitter
       Forward icon

      My Most Popular Classes: in Real Life and Online

      Dearest knitters:

      For years I've kept myself busy writing the Stitch 'n Bitch series of knitting and crocheting books you are hopefully familiar with. But now I've decided to take a short break from book-writing, and focus on some other ways of doing what I love to do best: teaching folks to knit. That's why I invite  you to come take my classes at Vogue Knitting in Chicago, online at Creativebug, and at an exciting knitter's retreat in the Berkshires this February. Read on for more!

      Knit on!

      Debbie Stoller

      Raging Wool: A Knitter's Winter Retreat in the Berkshires

      Come join me at the beautiful Rowe Camp and Conference Center for 3 days of learning, friendship and fun! The retreat runs from February 15 - February 18.

      In this fun weekend intensive, I'll teach you the ins and outs of lace knitting, how to knit with beads, quick and easy cabling techniques, how to create picture-perfect colorwork, and more. Even if you have experience with these skills, you’ll learn new and innovative ways of doing them, giving you greater insight that will translate into better results. We’ll also have a yarn tasting, where you’ll get to knit with a variety of luxury yarns. And of course, there will be plenty of time to stitch ‘n ...well, you know.

      Nestled in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains in Western Massachusetts, the Rowe Conference Center offers exceptional workshops in a small, intimate forum. In addition to classes, take some time to walk in their enchanted forest, marvel at the sights and sounds of the waterfall, and delight in the tranquility of the old millpond. In the evenings, knit by the hearth in the gathering room and watch the glow of the fire.

      The price of the retreat is based on a sliding scale, and accomodations, including all meals, start at just $135 per night.

      Click here for more information or to register.

      Online Classes at Creativebug.com

      If you can't make it to the Berkshires to learn from me in person, try the next best thing. I have recently partnered with Creativebug.com to offer some of my most popular classes in a format anyone can enjoy, right in their own home. Take my first two online classes, "Cabling the Quick and Easy Way," or "Introduction to Crochet: The One-Skein Scarf." For as little as $16.99 a month, you can take all of my classes, plus as many other classes you want, in topics ranging from sewing, to jewelry making, to papercrafts, and more!

      Don't Miss Me at VK Live in Chicago!

      Planning on coming to Vogue Knitting, Chicago, at the end of October? Don't miss my classes. I'll be teaching Double Knitting, Lace, and Quick and Easy Cabling. Register for my classes here, or for more information on this event, click here. And don't forget: I'll also be giving one of my favorite talks, "The Amazing Lace," for FREE on both Saturday and Sunday. In this lecture I'll teach you not only the basic stitches you need to create lace, but also how these stitches work together to create the beautiful designs you see in lace knitting. Hope to see you there!

      Edit Your Subscription | Unsubscribe