Re: Invest in Brazil

  • Donald Reid
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2012
      Today I received an email from an obvious 'red neck' and this is my answer ...

      I assume I have a sense of humor so i accept this. after 35 years in Brazil one becomes accustomed to 'Brazil bashing' ... even in the years of the military regime i have always believed in Brazil as 'the land of the future' .... Well, the 'future arrived' ... and Brazil survived the 'world economic crisis' and investors, immigrants and adventurers from all over the world are benefiting.

      Brazil not only paid their debts but is now loaning money to every one, even the United States and Europe.  Brazil still is supposedly 50 years behind on things like education and many technical advances, but they are getting there. Presently the government has a program where they (the government is sending 100s of thousands qualified students abroad (to the the USA and Europe) and paying their expenses to study and train to return and build their education system. They (the people) are very nationalistic and Brazilians overseas work and dream about returning to their country and invest here.

      Brazil accepts anyone as immigrants that can benefit the country and offers incentives to qualified immigrants, not 'red neck BS' to restrict them.

      Like almost every country Brazil has had its share of corruption with politicians ... but the present regime is 'cleaning house' and putting the thieves in jail (example 45 year prison sentence for vote buying) during the last presidents term.

      My investments I paid for 'cash' and I am not a United states security dealer, Broker, or Investment adviser. I am a Texan, a United States citizen, that many years ago saw the 'handwriting on the wall' about the direction the United States was heading as a 'police state' and 'war mongers' trying to rule the world. The average Brazilian feels that they are freer and more open than most countries. myself, with experience in over 65 different countries I believe the same. Any offer I make to sell or accept an investor as a partner is for property or a duly licensed and registered company that is my own that I paid for (or am paying for) over the past 35 years.

      The NGO or ONG (non profit) that I represent works under these rules and is properly registered and since 1986 my tourism company has only had 1 complaint from an American that arrived with an 'ugly American attitude' ... and that complaint was dismissed as such.  And I have no desire to work with a 'polo pony' 'red neck type' ... I do not need that type of money.

      Capt.Donald Reid (ret)

      Projetista - registrado IBAMA – Ministério do Meio Ambiente – como Técnico Federal N° 235492 “Uso de Recursos Naturais /utilização do patrimônio natural; Turismo / complexos turísticos e delazer, inclusive parques temáticos/ pesca”

      (Owner) Andetur (tour agency) and (President) NGO/ONG Association ABTC-BRASIL - a non-profit organization registered in Brazil  dedicated to furthering the exchange of information among travelers, immigrants and promoting responsible travel and assisting sustainable family agriculture projects in Brazil and South America.

      CONSULTOR DE VIAGENS - CENTRO DA RESERVAS
      Tour Operator - EMBRATUR, SINDETUR, ABAV, IBAMA

      MANDALLAS e AGRONEGOCIOS - Permaculture & Sustainable Agriculture
      CHOOL (ESCOLA) OFFICE, STORE - PERMACULTURE
      Village of Jacumá, Conde, Paraibá

      Mobile
      Rio Grande do Norte (84) 9952-0658  BRAZIL or SKYPE Andetur
      Pariaba 83 99099238 (TIM)

      New Blog EXPATS in BRASIL You can also follow us on FaceBook
    • Donald R
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2012
        Seems the 'red neck' was a member of this group. He has been 'deleted' and 'banned' as a trouble maker.

        Donald

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2012
          John, thank you!

          I think we should just drop it unless he continues to harress me.

          Sometimes, I, too, think I have bitten off too much but I have never been a
          'quitter' and there is my daughter who is graduating from A & M and will be
          returning to Brazil. Brazil needs qualified technically trained young people. I
          have been for years a project designer and that is my strong point. It takes
          young people to make them work.

          Thanks for being out there still and am sorry you had to return for
          what-ever-reason ... makes me feel good ...

          He probably was 'stoned' ... agreed!

          Seems many do seem to resent the former 'third world' and their rise to
          importance while theirs crumbles .....

          Donald