Club News

  • Donald Reid
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2009
      We are sending another color newsletter this morning, a 2nd chance for you to see some offers from companies like Amazon.com that have offered to donate to the ONG if you make a purchase. If you don´t receive this newletter, you can always sign-up on our ONG home page.
      www.andetur.org. (OPT-IN)
      .
      If you are not signed up, you can also see the newsletter by clicking on
      http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/276814/79329fa744/TEST/TEST/
      .
      We also have a key to always give people a one click to delete themselves from the list.
      .
      Sometimes I also don't have time to read every ezine I receive. This way we'll know if people don't want our emails, I don't worry about this, I worry about growing our list and improving our subject line and content so that we get more opens.
      .
      Donald
      .
      OBS: This week I will start sending out travel news about choice destination throughout Brazil. I get hundreds every day, but most are in Portuguese. A great majority of our readers do not yet understand Portuguese (or sufficient Portuguese) to really understand these offers and how good they are. To translate a good many of these offers takes hours of my time.
      .
      Right now I work mostly alone and do not have time to translate all of them in detail. ASK ABOUT SOMEPLACE. I ALWAYS ANSWER!
      .
      Brazil has hundreds of destinations (beautiful destinations at reasonable prices) most travelers have never heard about. Brazil is not just about beaches and Carnival.
      .
      Our forums are open to anyone interested in learning about travel opportunities or investments in Brazil, perhaps one of the world's most interesting countries. This entire country's cities, music and culture have inspired many books. It is like no other. "Another world." That's what we would use to describe it. It is another world. ... and not the Third World, as users of 'catch phrases' might describe it. If you want to experience life that moves to a different rhythm, go to Brazil. You don't necessarily have to go as an expat, just go.
      .
      Learn more of the benefits and features of our ANDETUR BRAZILIAN TRAVEL CLUB. We recommend that if you are traveling to Brazil that you become a member of our club. For less than US$ 25 per year (or US$ 200 lifetime .... discounted at present to US$ 1oo) enjoy tremendous discounts while you travel in Brazil. Membership funds are used to support our community projects.
      .
      The Andetur Brazilian Travel Club was founded in 2000 by Donald Reid and his wife Edna as a non-profit association with the aim of spreading and developing the social and cultural values of tourism, especially soft-adventure, cultural, rural and ecotourism; promoting the defense, conservation and proper enjoyment of the country's national heritage,landscape and environment. Postings to our forum may be in Portuguese or English .. object is to discuss various areas in Brazil and Latin America in general and to offer a discussion area for travelers, residents, agents, tour operators, and potential investors.
      .
      Membership fees are donations used to further our community development projects. Join or donate via PayPal (www.paypal.com) addressing to abtc.brasil@... .
      .

      Capt. Donald Reid - Ande Turismo Ltda. (Andetur), and ONG ASSOCIAÇÂO ABTC-BRASIL, Projetista registered IBAMA – Ministério do Meio Ambiente – as Técnico Federal N° 235492 “Uso de Recursos Naturais / utilização do patrimônio natural; Turismo / complexos turísticos e de lazer, inclusive parques temáticos”

      CONSULTOR DE VIAGENS
      CENTRO DA RESERVAS - ACARI E SERIDÒ, RIO GRANDE DO NORTE
      Tour Operator - EMBRATUR, SINDETUR, ABAV, IBAMA
      Permaculture & Sustainable Agriculture, MANDALLAS e AGRONEGOCIOS
      SCHOOL (ESCOLA) PERMACULTURE - Acari, Rio Grande do Norte
      www.acari-rn.com.br/permaculture.htm www.acari-rn.com.br/permacultura.htm

      Mobile (84) 9952-0658

      Websites (Brasil):
      http://www.andetur.com.br - Andetur agency site - Portuguese
      http://www.andeturonline.us - Andetur agency site - English (USA)

      http://www.acari-rn.com.br - Acari project site
      http://www.andetur.biz - Brazil real estate site
      http://www.andetur.info - Brazil travel info
      http://www.andetur.org - NGO/ONG ABTC-BRASIL

    • Donald Reid
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 23, 2009
        .
        We have an important update from an associate on Rio de Janeiro Carnival, which includes new incredible cheap options for hotel accommodations during Carnival. Within next weeks, I should be sending you my personal reviews and recommendations on samba parade tickets, tours and balls as well. Stay tuned.
        .
        For over a decade, we attempt to give our clients and members the absolute best prices for tickets, hotels, costumes, tours and everything else that has to do with Rio Carnival.
        .
        For members, you asked for cheap & affordable hotel options for the Carnival in Rio. We just got a handful negotiated rooms at some hotels in Rio. Most of them are located close to downtown Rio, an area that explode in street parties and other festivities, part of the official agenda.
        .
        Well, it’s not Copacabana or Ipanema, but you are within 15 minutes to the beach area or to the sambodromo, when you want to escape downtown. The subway system –metro or tube as you prefer – works round the clock during Carnival. It’s very clean and the safest and fastest way of transportation in Rio de Janeiro. It happens that there is always a subway station close to all of the options presented herein.
        .
        All offers include breakfast and taxes. The lowest offer is at the Airport Othon Travel Hotel (close to the Santos Dumont Airport that connects Rio to Sao Paulo. Not the International airport!). The second best option is a small – yet very clean and with very good reviews at the Internet: The Golden Park Hotel charging $318 for 4 nights. You have other great options such as The Novo Mundo Hotel, with great views from their rooms regardless of the type of room (from $472 pp), the Villa Rica Hotel (from $412 pp) and the Mengo Palace Hotel, a new renovated hotel (from $585 pp). If you want a bit more luxury, consider the Windsor Guanabara, for $445 pp, very well located in the heart of Downtown area. If the good priced hotels do not convince you to stay far from Copacabana, the best option is still the Savoy Othon Travel, a 3 star charging $642 for 5 nights.
        .
[...]
        Have a great week!
        .
        And, as usual, I am still here if you need help or assistance in hammering a sale to anywhere in South America, including Argentina, Chile, Peru, Ecuador and the Galapagos. As usual you will get the best quote available in less than 24 or 48 hrs, except for the weekends.
        .
        The other problem - for months I have been asking for new club members or donations to help defry our club operating expenses. I´ve seriously thought about discontinuing or leaving the forums as I can not continue the financial support I have done for years. Just can´t do it.
        .
        For example this month we have not had one new member even when we offered a discounted Silver Card membership for US$ 100. And not a single donation. $10, 15 or 25 I don´t think would break anybody, but added together would help us tremendously. Using PayPal is simple ... you can set up an account in minutes and it is completly safe. With PayPal you can send money to anyone anywhere that has an email account. We have been members for years. Just send to abtc.brasil@....
        .
        With some help we can expand member benefits and can expand our community service activities to local communities.
        .
        Just this week we have been asked to help several Federal Universities here in the northeast doing a research on methods to improve water supplies. In addition we have a new project to protect some communities from the dangerous dengue mosquitos by helping them obtain spraying services. The major cities all have, but the smaller communities in the interior don´t have.
        .
        Together we can make a big difference.
        .
        Just think, our forums and newsletters, all told, reach some 5,000 people daily. Add to that our blogs. We are on Orkut, Twitter, Facebook, Our World Community, CouchSurfing and several others.
        .
        Every day I see and belong to groups that are raising money to help abandoned dogs, cats, birds, and other animals; to plant trees to replace those burned by greedly land owners; and even one to advise backpackers in their travels. They manage to raise not just a little money, but receive serious and sizeable donations. My point is ... why not help a fellow human being ... a poor farmer that want to make a living and at least feed his family ... a student, that has ambition but not enough money to even go to school, or parents that don not have enough money to send their kids to school. See the project of Pastor Fabio here in Acari .... http://acari-rn.com.br/school.htm ... helping poor rural kids. (note: donations made to his school go directly to the school)
        .
        When I was stateside two years ago for my daughters graduation, I noted that one pack of cigarettes cost $5.00. If a person smokes a pack a day, that is $150.00 per month. Wow!
        .
        I won´t even think about a simple Big Mac, or the cost of a beer or coke.
        .
        Don´t you think you could afford simply an occasonal $10, 15, or 25 that helps someone less fortunate.
        .
        Donald
        .
        .

        Capt. Donald Reid - Projetista registered IBAMA – Ministério do MeioAmbiente – as (como) Técnico Federal N° 235492 “Uso de Recursos Naturais /utilização do patrimônio natural; Turismo / complexos turísticos e delazer, inclusive parques temáticos”

        Ande Turismo Ltda e NGO/ONG Association ABTC-BRASIL - which is a non-profit organization dedicated to furthering the exchange of information among travelers and promoting responsible travel to Brazil and South America.