RES: [Brazil's Joint] Major purchase for friend in brazil

  • Rodrigo Marinho
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
      George, I m not sure, but I think you have to live in Brazil to buy
      something in the most Brazilians websites, just because the shops require a Brazilian address for eventual collections.

      If you want you can try the followings CEP numbers 01402-000, 01503-000 or 01502-970.

      With regarding the airlines tickets, I don't know why the price variation for a round trip. I think it is because could have more Brazilians who wants to go to US than Americans who wants to visit the Brazil.

      I hope have helped you!

      Rodrigo

      Good morning Rodrigo and George,
      .
      In effect, the statement about Brazilian websites is true ... there are many 'pirates' in Brazil that 'clone' credit card numbers. The store ships something and then 30 days later the actual owner of the credit card protests the purchase and the store loses.
      .
      The airline ticket prices in Brazil are controlled by the government. Their idea is to promote domestic travel withing Brazil and not international travel. The idea is for Brazilians to spend their money here, not abroad. They (the airlines) offer cheaper prices in the states and Europe because they want tourists to invest in the economy.
      .
      We have many American friends (Europeans too) that want to make purchases or send money to friends. We have a means to do this. Just contact us at abtc.brasil@... ....
      .
      Donald - ABTC-BRAZIL and Andetur

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
        I understand about pirates. I would think that an world-wide orgnanization
        such as wal-mart would have things in place for cross-country orders like
        mine. I even went on ebay, but I couldn't find a fridge for sale.

        Donald,

        How would this work? Would I execute a payment to you and you would make
        the purchase for me? How would I know that I could trust you? No, offense
        intended. I am sure you know why I would ask the question.

        While I am waiting for a response from you, I will check with my friend to
        see if she still needs the fridge. I haven't talked to her for several
        weeks. She may have found a used one by now.

        Thanks,
        George