Part 2 - Interview to heather_mari

  • F.T.Lenzi
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
      Interview - Part II

      13)Where and how do people get married? What is the average marriage age? Is
      it acceptable not to get married? What is the attitude toward divorce?

      - You can get married by a judge, by the Church or both. Church weddings
      have legal value if you take the certificate to a public notary. The reverse
      of course is not true.

      - The average marriage is 25.8 for men and 22.7 for women.

      - It's acceptable not to get married?...No problem.

      - Sociologists believe that attitudes towards divorce have changed. In the
      past, women who divorced their husbands were looked down upon. Now,
      Brazilian women believe that if a woman suffers from domestic abuse, it is a
      shame to continue being with him. Statistics show that 73% of divorces and
      separations are initiated by women. In addition, infidelity is another
      reason for the break up of marriages. No problem too...

      14)What is the national language of the country? Are other languages spoken?

      Portuguese is the only official language of Brazil. It is spoken by the
      entire population and is virtually the only language used in schools,
      newspapers, radio, TV and for all business and administrative purposes.
      Brazil is the only Portuguese-speaking nation in the Americas, making the
      language part of Brazilian national identity. English is part of the
      official high school curriculum, but few Brazilians are truly fluent in the
      language

      15)What is the principal religion(s) of the country? What are the basic
      beliefs or doctrines of these religions?

      According to the IBGE census:

      73.6% of the population is Catholic, making Brazil the country with the
      largest Catholic population in the world.
      Followers of Protestantism are rising in number, currently at 15.4%.
      7.4% of the population consider themselves agnostics or atheists.
      Spiritism constitutes 1.3% of the population (about 2.3 million).
      1.8% are members of other religions. Some of these are Latter-day Saints
      (900,000 followers), Jehovah's Witnesses (500,000 followers) Buddhism
      (215,000), Seicho-No-Ie (151,000), Judaism (87,000), and Islam (27,000) [9].
      0.3% are followers of African traditional religions such as Candomblé,
      Macumba, and Umbanda.
      Some practice a mixture of different religions, such as Catholicism,
      Candomblé, and indigenous American religion combined.

      16)Who are (or were) the major artists and writers?

      PRESENT

      A) "Top five" Brazilian TV artists - Men
      1) Lima Duarte
      2) Tarcísio Meira
      3) Carlos Vereza
      4) José Wilker
      5) Paulo Autran

      A) "Top five" Brazilian TV artists - Women
      1) Fernanda Montenegro
      2) Glória Menezes
      3) Eva Wilma
      4) Regina Duarte
      5) Marilia Pera

      A) "Top five" Brazilian singers men
      1) Milton Nascimento
      2) João Gilberto
      3) Ney Matogrosso
      4) Caetano Veloso
      5) Cauby Peixoto

      A) "Top five" Brazilian singers women
      1) Ana Carolina
      2) Zélia Duncan
      3) Marisa Monte
      4) Vanessa da Matta
      5) Gal Costa

      A) "Top five" Brazilian writers
      1) Luis Fernando Veríssimo
      2) João Ubaldo Ribeiro
      3) Rubem Fonseca
      4) Lygia Fagundes Telles
      5) Dalton Trevisan

      A) "Top five" Brazilian composers
      1) Chico Buarque de Hollanda
      2) Milton Nascimento
      3) Caetano Veloso
      4) Gilberto Gil
      5) Zé Ramalho

      "TOP TEN" - SPORTS
      1) Leandrinho - Basketball / NBA
      2) Ronaldinho - Soccer / Barcelona
      3) Kaká - Soccer / Milan
      4) Felipe Massa - F1
      5) Dunga - New coach of the Brazil - Soccer
      6) Rogério Ceni - Soccer - São Paulo
      7) Bernardinho - Coach of Brazil - Volleyball
      8) Daiane dos Santos - Gymnast
      9) Popó - Box
      10) Ronaldo - Soccer / Barcelona

      17)What kind of music is popular at this time? Who is the major pop star or
      movie star at the present time?

      Well, Brazil is very eclectic... We have Samba, MPB (Brazilian Popular
      Musica) Rock, Bossa Nova, Axé, Sertanejo (kind of country music) forró, Pop,
      etc...

      POP STAR ---->> Ivete Sangalo.
      MOVIE STAR --->> Rodrigo Santoro

      Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Yahoo! Respostas !
      http://br.answers.yahoo.com/
    • eric karukin
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
        --- In brazilsjoint@yahoogroups.com, "F.T.Lenzi" <toledolenzi@...>
        wrote:
        I live in Rio and the music of the street here is called FUNK
        its kinda like American hip hop and rap but has a better beat to it
        its kinda a mix of samba rap hiphop and rock all in 1 and it is
        played a a very high volume its club music at its best
        also MTV Brasil is very popular here and unlike the USA they still
        play mostly rock and roll
        Eric in Bango

> [...]
        > 4) Felipe Massa - F1
        > 5) Dunga - New coach of the Brazil - Soccer
        > 6) Rogério Ceni - Soccer - São Paulo
        > 7) Bernardinho - Coach of Brazil - Volleyball
        > 8) Daiane dos Santos - Gymnast
        > 9) Popó - Box
        > 10) Ronaldo - Soccer / Barcelona
        >
        > 17)What kind of music is popular at this time? Who is the major pop
        star or
        > movie star at the present time?
        >
        > Well, Brazil is very eclectic... We have Samba, MPB (Brazilian
        Popular
        > Musica) Rock, Bossa Nova, Axé, Sertanejo (kind of country music)
        forró, Pop,
        > etc...
        >
        > POP STAR ---->> Ivete Sangalo.
        > MOVIE STAR --->> Rodrigo Santoro

        > Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer
        compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Yahoo! Respostas !

      • heather_mari
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 23, 2006
          Thank you all for your assistance in this! I just wanted you to
          know that I received an "A" for the assignment!

          Heather :)

          --- In brazilsjoint@yahoogroups.com, "eric karukin"
          <lizardlips33771@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > 6) Rogério Ceni - Soccer - São Paulo
          > > 7) Bernardinho - Coach of Brazil - Volleyball
          > > 8) Daiane dos Santos - Gymnast
          > > 9) Popó - Box
          > > 10) Ronaldo - Soccer / Barcelona
          > >
          > > 17)What kind of music is popular at this time? Who is the major
          pop
          > star or
          > > movie star at the present time?
          > >
          > > Well, Brazil is very eclectic... We have Samba, MPB (Brazilian
          > Popular
          > > Musica) Rock, Bossa Nova, Axé, Sertanejo (kind of country music)
          > forró, Pop,
          > > etc...
          > >
          > > POP STAR ---->> Ivete Sangalo.
          > > MOVIE STAR --->> Rodrigo Santoro

          > > Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e
          quer
          > compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Yahoo! Respostas !

        • clayro85
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 8, 2007
            Hi,

            Brazil is very, very eclectic musical country. But this is separated
            by regions. Example: in Rio, the music is Funk, in São Paulo is Samba
            (or Funk too), in Salvador and region is the Axé. But in others
            regions the classical music and MPB - brazilian popular music (Música
            Popular Brasileira) is the main music style.

            I live in Minas Gerais and like listen to Vivaldi, Tom Jobim, Frank
            Sinatra, Renato Russo and more.

            In the south, the kind of music is diferent the rest of the Country
            too.

            Sorry, but I don't speak/write english very well...

            See you...

            --- In brazilsjoint@yahoogroups.com, "heather_mari" <heathermcox@...>