Re: Violence/Cuba

  • p_beith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      Denise made some good points.

      This will be my last message on Cuba, as I
      don`t mean to hijack this group. Brazil could
      take the parts of the Cuban justice system
      that they like, not the bad parts.

      Some countries complicate crimes
      too much. My room mate was arrested in Cuba for
      hitting a police man. We hired a lawyer. The trial
      established that my room mate was not at fault
      because the police man hit him first with a baton
      (because my room mate was fighting with some one else).
      My room mate was released from prison. It all was over within
      4 days.

      By the way, a major source of income for Cuba is
      gay tourism. Foreign gay men feel safe enough in
      Cuba to bring strange men into their room.

      Females often walk the streets alone in Cuba late
      at night without fear.

      If that level of safety could be achieved in Brazil
      (could it?) the benefits to Brazil would
      be huge.

      Ciao,
      Paul.