I am planning a trip to Brazil

  • getto_hymns
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 14, 2005
      I am planning on going to Brazil in the next year so I want to learn
      as much as I can about the country and the sites and the people. Man
      I'm so excited I can't wait. So if anyone can give me a little info or
      just happy to answer some questions or chat, get back to me.
      getto_hymns@...
    • vinni_77024_77024
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 14, 2005
        I have been to Rio 7 times. What can I do to help?

        --- In brazilsjoint@yahoogroups.com, "getto_hymns" <getto_hymns@y...>
        wrote:
        > I am planning on going to Brazil in the next year so I want to learn
        > as much as I can about the country and the sites and the people. Man
        > I'm so excited I can't wait. So if anyone can give me a little info or
        > just happy to answer some questions or chat, get back to me.
        > getto_hymns@y...
      • MCAM AM

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 15, 2005
            Hi getto,

            Where in Brazil you are traveling to? Let us know, so we can help with
            specifics. Brazil is huge!

            Maria

            wrote:
            > I am planning on going to Brazil in the next year so I want to learn
            > as much as I can about the country and the sites and the people. Man
            > I'm so excited I can't wait. So if anyone can give me a little info
            or
            > just happy to answer some questions or chat, get back to me.
            > getto_hymns@y...
          • richard scane
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 15, 2005
              Well this time around I think I am going to do the usual destination, Rio. I have heard so much about it, and watched travel programs about it as well. It looks awesome, the people seem nice and the beaches, I can't wait to go running on the beaches in the morning. So what should I know about Rio. Oh so you know I am 34, and a single male and more than likely going to Rio alone.

              Maria-Pimpa <oloroke@...> wrote:Hi getto,

              wrote:
              > I am planning on going to Brazil in the next year so I want to learn
              > as much as I can about the country and the sites and the people. Man
              > I'm so excited I can't wait. So if anyone can give me a little info
              or
              > just happy to answer some questions or chat, get back to me.
              > getto_hymns@y...

            • richard scane

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 15, 2005
                  Well I plan on going to Rio, not sure where exactly in Rio. I am a 34 yr old male and will probably be going alone. So what should I know about the great city of Rio? Thanks for replying so soon.

                  vinni_77024_77024 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I have been to Rio 7 times. What can I do to help?

                  wrote:
                  > I am planning on going to Brazil in the next year so I want to learn
                  > as much as I can about the country and the sites and the people. Man
                  > I'm so excited I can't wait. So if anyone can give me a little info or
                  > just happy to answer some questions or chat, get back to me.
                  > getto_hymns@y...

                • MCAM AM

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 18, 2005
                        Hi Cristina,

                        You mentioned that you live in Ipanema, do you know of any good place for a
                        Pagode/Samba? Someone mentioned some places in Lapa.

                        Fer
                        > I live in Ipanema beach, and it is the best place to stay in Rio. It is a
                        great beach so far, and has a beautiful sunset. You will enjoy staying in
                        Ipanema. Nice place to go for dinner is an Irish Pub called Shenenengan´s
                        or just for a drink during the day. It is very cool and lots of locals
                        and foreings there. When are you planning to come to Rio? Should go to
                        Bahia, Arraial dájuda and Itacaré.

                        > Rgds,
                        > Cristina
                        >
                        > richard scane <getto_hymns@...> wrote:
                        > I am planning to go to Rio, not sure where exactly in Rio. I just know I
                        have to be near the beach. So what should I know about Rio. I am a single 34
                        yr old male and will probably be going alone. Thanks for getting back to me
                        so soon.

                        > MCAM AM <crisyoung19@...> wrote:Hi,
                        >
                        > I am from Rio. Where are you planning to go in Brazil and how long are
                        you going to stay?

                        > Cris
                        >
                        > getto_hymns <getto_hymns@...> wrote:
                        > I am planning on going to Brazil in the next year so I want to learn
                        > as much as I can about the country and the sites and the people. Man
                        > I'm so excited I can't wait. So if anyone can give me a little info or
                        > just happy to answer some questions or chat, get back to me.
                        > getto_hymns@...

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • MCAM AM
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 19, 2005
                          Fer,

                          I don´t know much about pagodes, but certainly Lapa is a good choice . I went there a few weeks ago and I noticed pagode and samba there. I prefer to go to the schools of samba rehearsal ( Mangueira, Beija-flor ), during the summer.

                          Google and you may find something interesting.

                          Rgds,
                          Cris

                          Fernando A <farmenta@...> wrote:
                          Hi Cristina,

                          You mentioned that you live in Ipanema, do you know of any good place for a
                          Pagode/Samba? Someone mentioned some places in Lapa.

                          Fer
                          > I live in Ipanema beach, and it is the best place to stay in Rio. It is a
                          great beach so far, and has a beautiful sunset. You will enjoy staying in
                          Ipanema. Nice place to go for dinner is an Irish Pub called Shenenengan´s
                          or just for a drink during the day. It is very cool and lots of locals
                          and foreings there. When are you planning to come to Rio? Should go to
                          Bahia, Arraial dájuda and Itacaré.

                          > Rgds,
                          > Cristina
                          >
                          > richard scane <getto_hymns@...> wrote:
                          > I am planning to go to Rio, not sure where exactly in Rio. I just know I
                          have to be near the beach. So what should I know about Rio. I am a single 34
                          yr old male and will probably be going alone. Thanks for getting back to me
                          so soon.

                          > MCAM AM <crisyoung19@...> wrote:Hi,
                          >
                          > I am from Rio. Where are you planning to go in Brazil and how long are
                          you going to stay?

                          > Cris
                          >
                          > getto_hymns <getto_hymns@...> wrote:
                          > I am planning on going to Brazil in the next year so I want to learn
                          > as much as I can about the country and the sites and the people. Man
                          > I'm so excited I can't wait. So if anyone can give me a little info or
                          > just happy to answer some questions or chat, get back to me.
                          > getto_hymns@...

                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          Brazil Enjoy

                        • markbures
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 19, 2005
                            Allow me to offer a slightly different view. I've been living in
                            Brazil for over 5 years now, most of that time in and out of Rio.

                            Rio is a great city to visit and must be on your itinerary, but you
                            need to understand first what you are looking for--cultural
                            experiences? social experiences? nature?

                            In terms of unique, breathtaking nature, I think the most amazing
                            places in Brazil are:
                            * Iguazu Falls
                            * Parque dos Lencois do Maranhao
                            * The Pantanal
                            * The Amazon

                            In terms of culture, you could include on the list Rio (Samba and
                            other things like Sugar Loaf, the Christ, etc.), Salvador (Axe,
                            Pelourinho, Carnaval and great food), Sao Luis (Brazilian Reggae and
                            other forms of regional music and fetivals) and Recife (Frevo and
                            seafood).

                            In terms of unique, charming historical towns, you could include
                            Paraty, Tiradentes and Olinda.

                            Also--don't do anything more in Sao Paulo than simply suffer a
                            stopover on your way to some place better!

                            In terms of Rio itself, Ipanema/Leblon are nice beaches, but I would
                            say mostly for the social aspect. For nicer, cleaner beaches (with
                            waves, if you like) I would head further out to Barra. Don't stay in
                            Copacabana!

                            Also, remember that in 2007 Rio will host the Panamerican Olympic
                            Games so, if you wait until then, expect everything in Rio to be
                            crowded and expensive.

                            Mark
                          • richard scane
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 19, 2005
                              Thanks for the insight Mark, the more info I get the better. Much appreciated.

                              markbures <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Allow me to offer a slightly different view. I've been living in
[...]

                              ---------------------------------

                            • carsonjames2003
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 28, 2005
                                --- In brazilsjoint@yahoogroups.com, MCAM AM <crisyoung19@y...> wrote:
                                > I live in Ipanema beach, and it is the best place to stay in Rio. It
                                is a great beach so far, and has a beautiful sunset. You will enjoy
                                staying in Ipanema. Nice place to go for dinner is an Irish Pub called
                                Shenenengan´s .....

                                Why go all the way to Rio De Janeiro and go to an Irish Pub???
                                I agree about Ipenama: See my photo posted in the photo section. Move
                                on down to Paraty (Parachee), a wonderful unique place on this planet!
                                James Carson (in London)
                              • MCAM AM
                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 2, 2005
                                  Sure......

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 17, 2005
                                    so james you know Paraty
                                    spend much time in Angra?

                                    MCAM AM <crisyoung19@...> wrote:
                                    Sure......
                                    carsonjames2003 <carson@...> wrote:--- In brazilsjoint@yahoogroups.com, MCAM AM <crisyoung19@y...> wrote:
                                    > I live in Ipanema beach, and it is the best place to stay in Rio. It
                                    is a great beach so far, and has a beautiful sunset. You will enjoy
                                    staying in Ipanema. Nice place to go for dinner is an Irish Pub called
                                    Shenenengan´s .....

                                    Why go all the way to Rio De Janeiro and go to an Irish Pub???
                                    I agree about Ipenama: See my photo posted in the photo section. Move
                                    on down to Paraty (Parachee), a wonderful unique place on this planet!
                                    James Carson (in London)

                                    ---------------------------------

                                    Brazil Enjoy

                                  • Vushinu Krisna
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Oct 18, 2005
                                      Hi Eric....

                                      My name is Érica, and im from Rio too...
                                      Paraty is marvelouse place, historical!. Angra is pretty too....and if your intention is visit Angra, extend your trip to Ilha Grande is about 2 hours by boat, IS PEACE OF HEAVEN in earth. This is my Big suggestion!

                                      Hugs and have a nice trip
                                      Érica Fer (Rio de Janeiro)

                                      eric <nationalwholesale@...> escreveu:
                                      so james you know Paraty
                                      spend much time in Angra?

                                      MCAM AM <crisyoung19@...> wrote:
                                      Sure......
                                      carsonjames2003 <carson@...> wrote:--- In brazilsjoint@yahoogroups.com, MCAM AM <crisyoung19@y...> wrote:
                                      > I live in Ipanema beach, and it is the best place to stay in Rio. It
                                      is a great beach so far, and has a beautiful sunset. You will enjoy
                                      staying in Ipanema. Nice place to go for dinner is an Irish Pub called
                                      Shenenengan´s .....

                                      Why go all the way to Rio De Janeiro and go to an Irish Pub???
                                      I agree about Ipenama: See my photo posted in the photo section. Move
                                      on down to Paraty (Parachee), a wonderful unique place on this planet!
                                      James Carson (in London)

                                      ---------------------------------

                                      Brazil Enjoy

                                      Swivel joint Joint pain Brazil travel visa Joint pain relief Brazil calling card Brazil tourist visa

                                    • eric
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Oct 19, 2005
                                        hello erica
                                        i just returned to the states after being in angra for 4 months
                                        was paying 200 real for an apartment just outside central
                                        i will return to the area in dec .
                                        where in rio do you stay
                                        eric