  • ljjustino
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2004
      Brought to you by www.ricomania.de
      Have Fun!
      Rico!
    • Vushinu Krisna
      Message 2 of 7 , May 4, 2004
        Friends,

        My name is Érica, from Rio de Janeiro Brazil.

        I'm writting because I'm going to enjoy a little vacantion in New York next June.

        I'll go with my aunt, and we are looking for more informations about the city, cheaps hostels, places to visit and others (like restaurants, discos, museus).

        PLEASE send me a e-mail, if you want help me.....I'll get so happy to receive one e-mail.

        Thanks for all

        A big hug from Brazil-Rio de Janeiro

      • Vlada Tomova
        Message 3 of 7 , May 4, 2004
          hi Erica ~

          welcome to New York :)
          depending on how long you will stay it might be a good
          idea to look for a short term sublet of an apartmetn
          in the city. otherwise hotels are very expensaive and
          hostels are not the best solution..

          if you want to try this option do the following:

          go to www.craigslist.org
          then choose New York from the list of cities on the
          rigth, then go to housing - sublets/temporary, and
          check vacation rentals as well (or post yourself a
          note on housing wanted)
          you will find a long list of appartments, rooms, etc.
          that people sublet for a short period. this is very
          common in new york, i have done it several times
          myself while going away for a month or so..
          just make sure to ask to see pictures of the place
          before you agree.

          apart from that, you can write me directly when you
          are about to come and i'll be glad to give yuo some
          idea on things to do in teh city :))

          good luck and till soon!! ~vlada

          --- Vushinu Krisna <krisna_ganesha@...>
          wrote:

          > Friends,
          >
          > My name is �rica, from Rio de Janeiro Brazil.
          >
          > I'm writting because I'm going to enjoy a little
          > vacantion in New York next June.
          >
          > I'll go with my aunt, and we are looking for more
          > informations about the city, cheaps hostels, places
          > to visit and others (like restaurants, discos,
          > museus).
          >
          > PLEASE send me a e-mail, if you want help
          > me.....I'll get so happy to receive one e-mail.
          >
          > Thanks for all
          >
          > A big hug from Brazil-Rio de Janeiro

          > removed]

        • Vushinu Krisna
          Message 4 of 7 , May 5, 2004
            Hi Vlada !!
            thanks to replay me....
            I'll go check the web site that you wrotte me, we intent get just 8 days in NYC, but in this time we will try to go to Quebec pass 3 days, than in USA we'll pass just 5 days. Do you have idea about prices???. I'll get so happy if you could help me!.
            And will be a pleasure if we meet there, which party of NY do you live?....maybe we can lunch someday together!!.
            Do you have been here in Rio de Janeiro?. Will be a pleasure show my city too....
            Do you want something of Brazil?. I can bring for U.
            Well....hope not disturb you.
            Again, really thanks

            A big kiss to Brazil

            wrote:

            > Friends,
            >
            > My name is Érica, from Rio de Janeiro Brazil.
            >
            > I'm writting because I'm going to enjoy a little
            > vacantion in New York next June.
            >
            > I'll go with my aunt, and we are looking for more
            > informations about the city, cheaps hostels, places
            > to visit and others (like restaurants, discos,
            > museus).
            >
            > PLEASE send me a e-mail, if you want help
            > me.....I'll get so happy to receive one e-mail.
            >
            > Thanks for all
            >
            > A big hug from Brazil-Rio de Janeiro

            > removed]

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • igo2work
            Message 5 of 7 , May 5, 2004
              Hi Erica,

              I hope that you and your Aunt have a great time in NYC. In NYC, I
              have stayed at the West Side YMCA. This is both a hotel and a
              hostel. The price is very inexpensive by NYC standards and you can
              get a small room with two twin beds for $60 US. However, at that
              price the bathroom is shared with other people in the corridor. I
              think that you can get a room with a private bath for more money.

              The room was small, but clean. The room had a television and air
              conditioning. The hostel is in a very interesting area in that it
              is only a block from Central Park, and not too far away from the
              Lincoln Center. There are several bars, restaurants, and stores
              within a few blocks so you won't be bored.

              There is also a small deli (cafe) on the first floor. You might
              also enjoy the fact that guests of the hostel can use the YMCA
              exercise rooms and pool, so that is a nice bonus.

              If you do a search on google for "west side ymca" you will find
              several web sites that can tell you more about the hostel.

              Please let me know if you want more information.

              btw... I am in Atlanta. I have not been to Rio yet, but hope to get
              there someday soon.

              Darryl
            • Vushinu Krisna
              Message 6 of 7 , May 5, 2004
                Hi Darryl,
                I loved your sugestion....i'll check more information.
                When do you come to brazil?. Will be a pleasure to help U.

                Kiss
                Érica

                igo2work <igo2work@...> wrote:
[...]

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Vlada Tomova
                Message 7 of 7 , May 5, 2004
                  hi Erica ~

                  no problem, my pleaseure! well, if you are coming for
                  just a few days, then it is much easier to follow the
                  advice of Darryl, which seems very good indeed. I
                  will keep it in mind myself for other friends. If you
                  ever come for a little bit longer though, and want to
                  stay somewhere cheaper and still convenient, then
                  www.craigslist.com is very worth trying.

                  .. and you read my mind :) I am indeed thinking of
                  visiting Rio in the end of August, but my plans are
                  just plans for now :) I hope very much to realize
                  them. Thank you very much for your sweet offer, I
                  appreciate it a lot and will gladly stay in touch with
                  you!
                  Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet in New York. You
                  can wirte to me directly to vlada@... and
                  ask me questions regarding what you wnat to see and do
                  in the city.

                  Good luck with all preparations ~ best, Vlada