Official e-Group for Brahmo Conference Organisation (1881). An uncensored Open Source conference group, open to all seeking to know Brahmoism.
"The Brahmo Samaj, represents a body of men who are struggling, in India, to establish the worship of the Supreme Being in spirit as opposed to the prevailing idolatry of the land. The movement was started on the 20th of August, 1828, by Raja Ram Mohun Roy and his friends by opening a place of public worship on the Chitpore Road in Calcutta, and was duly and publicly inaugurated in January, 1830, by the consecration of the first house of prayer, now known as the Adi Brahmo Samaj"
1) Brahmoism is the youngest of India's 9 officially recognised religions
2) The Brahmo Samaj was founded in 1843 by Debendranath Tagore through the merger of the Brahma Sabha (settled by Trust in 1830 by his father Dwarkanath Tagore for Raja Ram Mohan Roy) with the Tattwabodhini Sabha (founded in 1839 by himself).
Group ARCHIVES - at nabble.com
Brahmo Samaj - Introduction to Brahmo community
Adi Brahmo Samaj - website of Adi Brahmo Samaj
Sadharan Brahmo Samaj - website of Sadharan Brahmo Samaj
- Apr 28, 2008
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.