HI!

  • spaz715
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 29, 2002
      Hey!
      I just joined the group, because I love the show Braceface! I have a
      lot in common with Sharon, and I'm so happy that Alicia Sylverstone
      is making the show, and I'm so happy that she is there to stand up
      for animals. Like Sharon and Alicia, I'm also a vegetarian, and anti-
      fur! Well I just wanted to say Hi, I cant wait to talk about
      Braceface with you all! I was just watching the marathon, was anyone
      else?
      ~Sara
    • vegi_head
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 30, 2002
        I totally forgot to call someone to tape it for me! I don't get
        cable anymore. I've only been able to see 2 of the new episodes. Oh
        well.

        --- In bracefacealiciasilverstone@y..., "spaz715" <Spaz715O@a...>
        wrote:
        > Hey!
        > I just joined the group, because I love the show Braceface! I have
        > lot in common with Sharon, and I'm so happy that Alicia Sylverstone
        > is making the show, and I'm so happy that she is there to stand up
        > for animals. Like Sharon and Alicia, I'm also a vegetarian, and
        anti-
        > fur! Well I just wanted to say Hi, I cant wait to talk about
        > Braceface with you all! I was just watching the marathon, was
        anyone
        > else?
        > ~Sara
      • Angie K
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2002
          i watched it and taped it !! I caught up on the show to cuz i missed the first few episodes but the only one i don't have taped in the 2nd season is working girl or the one when she works at lifecycles .
          -Angie
          spaz715 <Spaz715O@...> wrote:Hey!
          I just joined the group, because I love the show Braceface! I have a
          lot in common with Sharon, and I'm so happy that Alicia Sylverstone
          is making the show, and I'm so happy that she is there to stand up
          for animals. Like Sharon and Alicia, I'm also a vegetarian, and anti-
          fur! Well I just wanted to say Hi, I cant wait to talk about
          Braceface with you all! I was just watching the marathon, was anyone
          else?
          ~Sara

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 2, 2002
            I havent seen that many, just the marathon and the one where her friend gets
            to be a model, but she has to model fur, and Sharon gets mad at her.
            ~Sara

            << i watched it and taped it !! I caught up on the show to cuz i missed the
            first few episodes but the only one i don't have taped in the 2nd season is
            working girl or the one when she works at lifecycles .
            -Angie >>
          • Colleen Klaum
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 2, 2002
              Her friend should have refused to model the fur :-)
              Colleen-Catwoman

              Spaz715O@... wrote:I havent seen that many, just the marathon and the one where her friend gets
              to be a model, but she has to model fur, and Sharon gets mad at her.
              ~Sara

              << i watched it and taped it !! I caught up on the show to cuz i missed the
              first few episodes but the only one i don't have taped in the 2nd season is
              working girl or the one when she works at lifecycles .
              -Angie >>

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Colleen Klaum

              Be the voice for the voiceless, join our group today:

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 2, 2002
                I agree!! Then again, I cant say I've ever wanted to be a model myself...But
                seriously, wearing fur is just so gross...and of course CRUEL.
                ~Sara

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 2, 2002
                  You got it Sara, CRUEL is the word.
                  Colleen-Catwoman

                  Spaz715O@... wrote:I agree!! Then again, I cant say I've ever wanted to be a model myself...But

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 2, 2002
                    well not to be rude or anything just saying that at first she didn't know that much about animal farms and she didn't know the harm they did besides using there fur .But after she signed the deal with the sport fashion place she looked into it and then she realized that this is what Sharon thought and she never thought about what they did to the animals . and at almost the end of the show she does stick up for the animals by saying that for now on they have the fur free policy in there shop . But i also have another question for you guys to answer , do you wear nikes or sketchers or any kinds of shoes like that ??? If you do then your wearing leather yourself because those shoes are made with leather or unless you wear pleather than thats alright but most shoes consist of some leather in them . or you could just be againest wearing fur if thats your choice . By the way I wasn't trying to insult anyone if they felt insulted I'm just trying to prove a point . well whatever !
                    Bye Angie

                  • Colleen Klaum

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 2, 2002
                        what about shoes ???
                        Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@...> wrote:
                        I don't wear leather either.
                        Peace, Colleen-Catwoman

                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 2, 2002
                            otay
                            --- In bracefacealiciasilverstone@y..., Colleen Klaum
                            <wildfawn1@y...> wrote:

                            > I be wearing Pleather :-)
                            > Colleen-Catwoman
                            >
                            > Angie K <angie3829@y...> wrote:
                            > what about shoes ???
                            > Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...> wrote:
                            > I don't wear leather either.
                            > Peace, Colleen-Catwoman
                            >
                            > Angie K <angie3829@y...> wrote:
                            >
                            > well not to be rude or anything just saying that at first she
                            didn't know that much about animal farms and she didn't know the
                            harm they did besides using there fur .But after she signed the deal
                            with the sport fashion place she looked into it and then she
                            realized that this is what Sharon thought and she never thought
                            about what they did to the animals . and at almost the end of the
                            show she does stick up for the animals by saying that for now on
                            they have the fur free policy in there shop . But i also have
                            another question for you guys to answer , do you wear nikes or
                            sketchers or any kinds of shoes like that ??? If you do then your
                            wearing leather yourself because those shoes are made with leather
                            or unless you wear pleather than thats alright but most shoes
                            consist of some leather in them . or you could just be againest
                            wearing fur if thats your choice . By the way I wasn't trying to
                            insult anyone if they felt insulted I'm just trying to prove a
                            point . well whatever !
                            > Bye Angie

                            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                            Service.

                            > "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts,
                            and warmth to our souls."

                            > Colleen Klaum
                            >
                            > "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with
                            men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
                            Immanuel Kant

                          • Spaz715O@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 2, 2002
                              Sorry, I didnt mean to insult you! To be honest, I'm not sure if my shoes
                              have leather in them. Is it possible for a shoe that's less than 15 dollars
                              to be made with leather?
                              ~Sara

                            • ELECTRIA55@AOL.COM
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 2, 2002
                                No, I don't wear anything that has anything to do wit animals, And I get non
                                leather shoes. It's like when you buy soup you always have to check the
                                ingredients to see if it has chicken stock or beef stock in it. you always
                                have to be aware of stuff, for belts I wear non leather pyramid studded belt,
                                and non leather shoes. From the same place I got the belt.

                              • vegi_head
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 3, 2002
                                  I wear canvas shoes or vinyl shoes.

                                  Payless Shoe Source usually has a good selection of non-leather shoes
                                  (they also sell leather).

                                  There's some web sites that sell non-leather shoes.

                                  Vegan Products from Pangea Vegan Products -- Cruelty Free
                                  http://www.pangeaveg.com/

                                  Heartland Products, Ltd.
                                  http://chiana.trvnet.net/~hrtlndp/

                                  This company is based in England:
                                  vegan shoes boots belts wallets + hemp, UK
                                  http://www.veganline.com/index.htm

                                  Vegan Store - UK
                                  http://www.veganstore.co.uk/no_bull_index.html

                                  You can find more info by going to an internet search engine like
                                  http://www.google.com and search for "non-leather shoes" or "non-
                                  leather products"

                                  --- In bracefacealiciasilverstone@y..., Angie K <angie3829@y...>
                                  wrote: