[Boxer] select

  • John Sampson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
      Hello -

      How can one see whether non-printing characters such as tabs or
      end-of-line characters have been picked up when selecting text?

      Regards

      _John Sampson_
    • David Hamel, Boxer Software
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
        Hi John,

        John> How can one see whether non-printing characters such as tabs or
        John> end-of-line characters have been picked up when selecting text?

        Check out the View|Visible Spaces command.

        Best,

        David

        == Developers of the award-winning Boxer Text Editor ==

        David Hamel
        Boxer Software
        david@...

        voice: 602-485-1635; fax: 602-485-1636; sales: 800-982-6937
        P.O. Box 14545, Scottsdale, AZ, 85267-4545 USA
        http://www.boxersoftware.com
      • Brian Y
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
          Hi John--

          --- In boxer@yahoogroups.com, John Sampson <jrs.idx@...> wrote:
          > How can one see whether non-printing characters such as tabs or
          > end-of-line characters have been picked up when selecting text?

          Are you using the View|Visible Spaces feature? (Alt-F1 in my key bindings file, YMMV). This should show you tabs, space chars, EOL chars so you can select them, or not.

          HTH. Brian
        • John Sampson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2010
            Hello -

            Many thanks - That may be what I am looking for. I can't check as <ctrl>c is refusing to pick up non-printing
            characters. I don't know if I would ever actually *want* to pick up ends of lines as the ends of the clips. I
            would like to see how to do so, and how to avoid doing so as well. As it is now refusing to misbehave,
            I will carry on my merry way. Perhaps the picking up of ends of lines was a glitch and Boxer is supposed
            not to do that. It is amazing how many bugs disappear on Windows reboot.

            Regards

            _John Sampson_