Re: From Suffolk to Scotland - Bogue

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2009
      --- In bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <bowes2000@...> wrote:

      > The name Bogue/Bogues/ Boyce is associated with County Fermanagh and
      > may be partly explained by the example above [Bogas], supported perhaps by
      > the arrival of Scottish 'settlers' some of whom also may have carried
      > the Bogue name, after the village in Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland.
      > Although the name is not at all common amongst Scottish surnames.

      The I1c Bogue in the Boggs project has a genealogy that takes him back to Scotland as a
      Boig/Bog. His website shows earliest ancestor William Bogue ABT 1631 in Berwickshire,
      Scotland (is that near Kirkcudbrightshire?). Although they appeared to emigrate directly to
      US, they could've had a branch go down to Ireland.

      http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=mdswan1&id=I00631