New Post: Links > Bowes Surname DNA Project > Academic DNA Studies

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2009
      Excavating Past Population Structures by Surname-Based Sampling: The Genetic Legacy of
      the Vikings in Northwest England
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2009
        The value of this source,in terms of advancing knowledge of the
        English 'Bowes/Bowe' surname, depends upon what region this study
        relates to. For example if it only concerns, Cheshire, The Wirral and
        Lancashire it would not touch upon those areas most associated with the
        Bowes/Bowe surname, Cumbria and North Yorkshire/County Durham.

        If this hasany--- In bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "mhbowes11"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2009
          Ya, that's right. I found it interesting for its methodology and saved it for future reference
          that way, should a similar study be done in "our" area of England. I have discovered I can
          highlight and add comments to .pdf files, so I will be putting the clean copies under Links
          > Bowes Surname DNA Project > Academic DNA Studies, and my highlighted versions
          under Files > Bowes Surname DNA Project > Academic DNA Studies. My plan is to go
          through each of these studies and highlight them, adding any comments I might have, for
          my own reference if no one else's. So far I've just been gathering clean copies in the Links
          section of the studies I'm aware of centering in England and Ireland. After reading them
          I'll post my highlighted/commented versions under Files (have done so with this latest
          study. I'll put them in context in the description fields where they are filed. Thanks again
          for your perspective. Feel free to contribute any specific comments to them via message
          and I can add them in my .pdf program and re-upload the file.