Re: [bowesgenealogy] Diane Bowe

  • BowesSurnames
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2013
      Shoot, I didn't notice that went to the Yahoo! group. I think Diane's email is being hacked or something. I've had a few strange ones lately from her account to my regular email and didn't open this link, so have no idea what it is. I'll get that deleted at Yahoo! At the moment I'm lying in bed with ice on my foot for a sprained ankle, so soon as I'm done. Glad you alerted me! Diane's a very good person so I'm sure it's happened without her knowledge.

      Best, Martha

      On Feb 27, 2013, at 9:51 AM, Allen Bowes <bowes2000@...> wrote:

      Please explain what that link is about. Thanks

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2013
        Hey Martha, ouch! that sounds painful, hope you get back on your feet soon..

        As to that email, yes I had the same feeling and did not open the link, looks clearly like her account has been compromised.

        Regards, Jeff

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2013
          Yes there seems a bunch of strange stuff going on. I changed my password yesterday which is supposed to remedy the situation. Hope so!! If you get further odd emails let me know. Thanks. Diane
          From: Allen Bowes <bowes2000@...>
          Sender: bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:05:25 +0000 (GMT)
          To: bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com<bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: bowesgenealogy@yahoogroups.com

          Hey Martha, ouch! that sounds painful, hope you get back on your feet soon..

          As to that email, yes I had the same feeling and did not open the link, looks clearly like her account has been compromised.

          Regards, Jeff

            Thanks Diane, not to worry. I hope it calms down for your sake. Martha