New book now available: Surnames, DNA, and Family History

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 9:18 AM
      by George Redmonds, Turi King, and David Hey

      http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199582648.do

      "Enthralling and compulsively readable, this book combines linguistics with genetics, genealogy, and local history to provide a fresh and eye-opening vision of the British past - and indeed of family histories across a wider world. Focusing on the history of British surnames it casts a totally new light on what makes us who we are - and how we can find out. Indispensable reading for anyone interested in their roots, this book offers nothing less than a new perspective on British history." - Michael Wood, historian and broadcaster