Laois v Kilkenny

  • Jeane Robinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19 6:13 PM
      Since most of the Bowe/s we have are from Ireland I thought I'd post a little digging that I have done on Rootsireland.ie. There are Bowe/s in other Counties but not nearly as many.

      Between 1730-1770

      Laois births recorded 10, 11 in Kilkenny
      Laois marriage records 1, 5 in Kilkenny

      Between 1770-1810

      Laois births recorded 73 125 in Kilkenny
      Laios marriage records 53 59 in Kilkenny

      Between 1810-1850

      Laois births recorded 447 496 in Kilkenny
      Laois marriage records 154 185 in Kilkenny

      Between 1850- 1890

      Laois births recorded 519 558 in Kilkenny
      Laois marriage records 190 200 in Kilkenny
    • Jeane Robinson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19 6:17 PM
        That didn't post as I designed it. Imagine a comma between the numbers where there is a space. No number is bigger than three digits.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27, 2011
          Thanks for this! Have finally added to http://www.bowesonenamestudy.com/findings_2/distribution_and_frequency/ireland-2/1680-1800-early-parish-reco.html

          Martha